NATION

PASSWORD

defaulting to first state

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Prydeinig
Political Columnist

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

defaulting to first state

Postby Prydeinig » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:23 am

After staying logged in but non-active for a while when you have a multiple states, the links certainly turn to links to your first/initial state(country).

Say I have two states 'foo' and 'bar', First I created 'foo' then I created 'bar', if I am doing stuff in 'bar' and stay silent for some time and click on issues, I suddenly end up on the issues page of 'foo'. This is quite confusing. I've already made some bad choices where I had picked an issue assuming I would be deciding for 'bar' and it turned out to be for 'foo'.

Would be grand if this can be fixed,

Thank you!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:38 pm

This is most likely based on your autologin settings. If you have autologin enabled on one but not the other, an idle session will timeout after a an hour or two. The autologged nation will always be the one that shows up after an idle time.

Prydeinig
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Prydeinig » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:44 am

I set the autologin on all states, but now I just get a different state that I default to.

Prydeinig
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Prydeinig » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:32 am

Can this be fixed somehow? It really is quite annoying.

Thanks!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:35 am

The problem is almost certainly your end. Try clearing your cookies.

Prydeinig
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Prydeinig » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:16 pm

When I clear my cookies, the problem just returns. Just with a different state it defaults back to.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 am

Okay, I will try to answer this, I'm not a moderator nor ad admin nor do I have much experience with this and I'm probably wrong, but here.

When you're inactive for a long time, there game logs you out. I'm not sure if it's automatic or a mod does it, but that's what happens, even with auto-login. Since you're "logged out" when you come back I think the game gives you the same auto-login nation over and over, I'm pretty sure it's something that should be changed, although it would probably be really tough for the admins to do. I don't know.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:16 pm

La xinga wrote:I don't know.

This is the relevant part of your post.

La xinga wrote:When you're inactive for a long time, there game logs you out.

Not all that long. Sessions expire after 2 hours, and are renewed automatically if you visit any gameside page.

La xinga wrote:I'm not sure if it's automatic or a mod does it

Please. No way do we monitor the activity of 215,368 nations in 24,518 regions on a real-time basis. It's 100% automatic.

La xinga wrote:Since you're "logged out" when you come back I think the game gives you the same auto-login nation over and over, I'm pretty sure it's something that should be changed, although it would probably be really tough for the admins to do.

I have no idea what this means, but it's almost certainly not correct. Perhaps you should avoid trying to explain how this game works in future.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:28 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
La xinga wrote:I have no idea what this means, but it's almost certainly not correct. Perhaps you should avoid trying to explain how this game works in future.

Well okay then, :meh:
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical