NATION

PASSWORD

perpetually unread telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

perpetually unread telegrams

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:59 am

Hello!

A few weeks ago I resurrected this nation in order to put it in a region (I've been doing similar for years.) This however is the first time I've ever had telegrams that insist on being unread.
However many times I go onto my tg inbox, I perpetually have 9 unread tgs despite having no new tgs sent to me.
Does anybody know a fix for this?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:02 am

Telegrams aren't marked as read unless you expand them, so make sure you have done that.

If the problem persists, you can try archiving or deleting the telegrams.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:02 am

CoraSpia wrote:Hello!

A few weeks ago I resurrected this nation in order to put it in a region (I've been doing similar for years.) This however is the first time I've ever had telegrams that insist on being unread.
However many times I go onto my tg inbox, I perpetually have 9 unread tgs despite having no new tgs sent to me.

You got a screenshot GVH?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:10 am

The New California Republic wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Hello!

You got a screenshot GVH?

Unfortunately I can't make those.
However, I open the tg inbox, and see a bunch of telegrams (which aren't marked as unread in the inbox itself), however when I go back onto another page I see 9 unread telegrams.
I should probably point out that I'm using antiquity theme and have a pmg account.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:13 am

If you're pressing the back button on your browser, that would be why. Trying opening the TGs and reload the page.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 am

So deleting a whole load of random telegrams has got it down to 3 unread messages. However, the tgs which are unread aren't marked unread so I have no way of knowing which ones it is that's causing the problem.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

CoraSpia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You got a screenshot GVH?

Unfortunately I can't make those.
However, I open the tg inbox, and see a bunch of telegrams (which aren't marked as unread in the inbox itself), however when I go back onto another page I see 9 unread telegrams.
I should probably point out that I'm using antiquity theme and have a pmg account.

Go through your inbox and archive all the telegrams you want to keep and delete the ones that you don't, see if that fixes it.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:19 am

CoraSpia wrote:Unfortunately I can't make those.

Go through your inbox and archive all the telegrams you want to keep and delete the ones that you don't, see if that fixes it.

I'm pretty sure it would, but I have 11037 telegrams in this inbox.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:23 am

CoraSpia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Go through your inbox and archive all the telegrams you want to keep and delete the ones that you don't, see if that fixes it.

I'm pretty sure it would, but I have 11037 telegrams in this inbox.

Choose "Select all", and there is an option at the bottom of the page to move to archive.

Wave on, wave on

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:24 am

CoraSpia wrote:I'm pretty sure it would, but I have 11037 telegrams in this inbox.

Choose "Select all", and there is an option at the bottom of the page to move to archive.

Thanks. No unread telegrams now

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:27 am

CoraSpia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Choose "Select all", and there is an option at the bottom of the page to move to archive.

Thanks. No unread telegrams now

No problem.

Wave on, wave on

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical