NATION

PASSWORD

Suggestion - Bookmark Dispatches

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Verate
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Suggestion - Bookmark Dispatches

Postby Verate » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Let's say I find an awesome dispatch, and later I want to find it. Right now there is no simple way to locate it if I can't remember the region I saw it pinned in, or the nation who wrote it. I could of course go dig through the thousands of dispatches that have little order, but that takes time. If there was a way to bookmark dispatches for later reference that would be a massive help.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Add it to your bookmarks in your browser?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Verate
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Verate » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm

I considered that. The problem is I could make the same argument against the dossier function: if I want to keep track of a bunch of nations, I could just bookmark their page. But it's obviously easier to use the dossier, so I use that instead. And I know the dossier has some other functionality, but the same would be true of a "Bookmarks" tab. In my browser I can't immediately see if someone updated a dispatch, but on the site you can see all the dispatches with their views, upvotes, and the time since they were updated.

Canyamel
Attaché

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Canyamel » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:46 am

There could be a way to see a list of the dispatches you've given an upvote so you can see them whenever you want. It would be useful to use the upvote option for something like this.

Return to Technical