NATION

PASSWORD

Influence dropping

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Decitealis
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Influence dropping

Postby Decitealis » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 am

My influence has been steadily dropping for over a month and I don’t understand what could be causing it. I’ve checked other nations in my region and their influence isn’t doing the same thing, so I doubt it’s because nations are being refounded after cte. I don’t understand what could be causing it, but, like I said, it’s been falling for over a month. Any input to what could be causing this would be very appreciated.
Last edited by Decitealis on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:26 am

Decitealis wrote:My influence has been steadily dropping for over a month and I don’t understand what could be causing it. I’ve checked other nations in my region and their influence isn’t doing the same thing, so I doubt it’s because nations are being refounded after cte. I don’t understand what could be causing it, but, like I said, it’s been falling for over a month. Any input to what could be causing this would be very appreciated.

Were you in another region before? Influence is region specific. If you gained that influence in a region and then left it, your influence from that region will slowly decay (while you get more influence from your new region).
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:29 am

Praeceps wrote:
Decitealis wrote:My influence has been steadily dropping for over a month and I don’t understand what could be causing it. I’ve checked other nations in my region and their influence isn’t doing the same thing, so I doubt it’s because nations are being refounded after cte. I don’t understand what could be causing it, but, like I said, it’s been falling for over a month. Any input to what could be causing this would be very appreciated.

Were you in another region before? Influence is region specific. If you gained that influence in a region and then left it, your influence from that region will slowly decay (while you get more influence from your new region).

It looks like this. Your residency stat shows you moved around the same time the influence started to decay.

Decitealis
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Decitealis » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Praeceps wrote:If you gained that influence in a region and then left it, your influence from that region will slowly decay (while you get more influence from your new region).

It looks like this. Your residency stat shows you moved around the same time the influence started to decay.

Yep that seems to be it. Do y’all know if there’s a specific rate at which the influence drops so I can attempt to counter it?

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:29 am

Decitealis wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:It looks like this. Your residency stat shows you moved around the same time the influence started to decay.

Yep that seems to be it. Do y’all know if there’s a specific rate at which the influence drops so I can attempt to counter it?

Your influence won't drop forever. While you are losing influence in your old region, you're gaining it in your new region. Eventually your gains will outweigh your losses. Especially if you rack up WA endorsements, increasing your influence gain rate.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Return to Technical