NATION

PASSWORD

Rename

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Volomia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Rename

Postby Volomia » Thu May 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi... I want to rename my nation Volomia to Operial, can anyone help me? I think nobody can but I wish if an Admin or Mod could rename other nations that wishes for their name to br changed to something else
Last edited by Volomia on Thu May 28, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:59 pm

It's totally impossible to do that. You have to make a new nation.

EDIT: I figured that out too late
Last edited by Awesomeland012345 on Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Generally, you can only change casing in renaming a state. A full rename would have to be granted by a moderator, which they typically won’t, since it messes with the game’s coding.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Thu May 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Kashimura wrote:Generally, you can only change casing in renaming a state. A full rename would have to be granted by a moderator, which they typically won’t, since it messes with the game’s coding.

Wrong let me fix that, full rename ability doesnt exist because it is hardcoded to nation's ID and 2002 coding.
No moderators or even admins can do that.
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Thu May 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Harmonic Empire wrote:
Kashimura wrote:Generally, you can only change casing in renaming a state. A full rename would have to be granted by a moderator, which they typically won’t, since it messes with the game’s coding.

Wrong let me fix that, full rename ability doesnt exist because it is hardcoded to nation's ID and 2002 coding.

I mean there was one instance of [violet] changing a user's name some years back but it very specifically stated to be a one-time special exception to the 'no name changes' rule because the user had a name that was illegal (IIRC it was a swear word backwards), but the user had literally been here either since antiquity or 2003 and no one had noticed their name being a backwards swear, and because they had no record whatsoever, they didn't want to DEAT them just for this, so they allowed them probably the only name change ever.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Gandoor wrote:
Harmonic Empire wrote:Wrong let me fix that, full rename ability doesnt exist because it is hardcoded to nation's ID and 2002 coding.

I mean there was one instance of [violet] changing a user's name some years back but it very specifically stated to be a one-time special exception to the 'no name changes' rule because the user had a name that was illegal (IIRC it was a swear word backwards), but the user had literally been here either since antiquity or 2003 and no one had noticed their name being a backwards swear, and because they had no record whatsoever, they didn't want to DEAT them just for this, so they allowed them probably the only name change ever.

Oh i didnt know that, interesting.
thonk.
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 am

Gandoor wrote:
Harmonic Empire wrote:Wrong let me fix that, full rename ability doesnt exist because it is hardcoded to nation's ID and 2002 coding.

You're referring to Elohssadiputs/Ellosidalputs. This was actually the second such instance; the first was when Assjackistan was renamed to Al Amarja in December 2003 in a similar scenario.

Either way, though, other advice given in the thread is correct: you can change capitalisation only, and moderators aren't going to be willing to take the game down for days or weeks to rename a nation, thanks to Max Barry's 2002-era game code.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 am

Ghost Land wrote:
Gandoor wrote:I mean there was one instance of [violet] changing a user's name some years back but it very specifically stated to be a one-time special exception to the 'no name changes' rule because the user had a name that was illegal (IIRC it was a swear word backwards), but the user had literally been here either since antiquity or 2003 and no one had noticed their name being a backwards swear, and because they had no record whatsoever, they didn't want to DEAT them just for this, so they allowed them probably the only name change ever.

You're referring to Elohssadiputs/Ellosidalputs. This was actually the second such instance; the first was when Assjackistan was renamed to Al Amarja in December 2003 in a similar scenario.

Either way, though, other advice given in the thread is correct: you can change capitalisation only, and moderators aren't going to be willing to take the game down for days or weeks to rename a nation, thanks to Max Barry's 2002-era game code.

I didn't really ask nor care but ok. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Fri May 29, 2020 4:36 am

Gandoor wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:You're referring to Elohssadiputs/Ellosidalputs. This was actually the second such instance; the first was when Assjackistan was renamed to Al Amarja in December 2003 in a similar scenario.

I didn't really ask nor care but ok. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a bit rude, isn't it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri May 29, 2020 4:39 am

Admin has asked mods to: "Remind me never to agree to rename a nation again ever".

As others in this thread have said, it's not happening. There's nothing more to discuss, so I'm locking this.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical