NATION

PASSWORD

Issue timer is always 40 seconds off

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Issue timer is always 40 seconds off

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Thu May 21, 2020 1:13 pm

When creating my new card farm, I reconfirmed an issue that has been present for as long as I've been on NationStates.

The timer for issues is always inaccurate by 40 seconds. I can always answer an issue 40 seconds before the timer says I should be able to, no earlier. As a matter of fact, my PC's clock seems to match up with the times that issues arrive, but the timer does not.

I suspect this issue has already been reported and declared unresolvable, but I decided to ask anyway.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Yeah, it's probably just a glich in the system, just don't worry about it, it doesn't cause any issues
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

The Ambassadors Reception
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambassadors Reception » Thu May 21, 2020 4:06 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:When creating my new card farm, I reconfirmed an issue that has been present for as long as I've been on NationStates.

The timer for issues is always inaccurate by 40 seconds. I can always answer an issue 40 seconds before the timer says I should be able to, no earlier. As a matter of fact, my PC's clock seems to match up with the times that issues arrive, but the timer does not.

I suspect this issue has already been reported and declared unresolvable, but I decided to ask anyway.

Check how accurate the clock is on your device. (ask google what time it is)
With the cards game, I thought the timer was out by over a minute - but it turned out my clock was out.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Thu May 21, 2020 4:10 pm

The Ambassadors Reception wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:When creating my new card farm, I reconfirmed an issue that has been present for as long as I've been on NationStates.

Check how accurate the clock is on your device. (ask google what time it is)
With the cards game, I thought the timer was out by over a minute - but it turned out my clock was out.

Well, I do have Automatic Date and Time (NTP) enabled on both my PC and my phone, they both show the same time, and they still show the issue timer to be 40 seconds off.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 pm

How far off does this say you're off?
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Thu May 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Flanderlion wrote:How far off does this say you're off?

It says the same thing as my PC's clock.

Again, the issue is that I can answer issues 40 seconds before the timer runs out. It doesn't have much to do with my computer's clock, just that my computer's clock is more accurate to when I get issues than the issue timer.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Thu May 21, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:03 pm

It's nothing bad, and everyone probably has that 40 second delay, that's all
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical