NATION

PASSWORD

Wrongly banned from the WA... twice [Bug?]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aeisonia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Wrongly banned from the WA... twice [Bug?]

Postby Aeisonia » Wed May 20, 2020 4:12 am

Two years ago, I was wrongly banned from the WA. Me and my friends in were in 7th grade and totally new to the site, and after learning about "raiding", we wanted to try and raid a region for fun, but when we tried to coordinate the effort at school on one of our lunch periods, we were banned. Why? Because Nationstates's supposedly foolproof bot had seen we were on the same wifi network and flagged us.

Not ideal, but certainly not something to be totally miserable over. My friends slowly quit the site, seeing it as "boring". How could I blame them? A text-based game isn't exactly something that can keep a 12 year old entertained.

I waited one entire year. Each Sunday morning I checked my ban countdown. Slowly, it got less and less. I could not tell you the joy I had when the ban expired, and I was finally able to submit a WA proposal I had spent my free time working on.

However, it would not last. Yesterday, I got a telegram out of the blue, saying that I had been banned permanently from the WA. I was so shocked at this TG that I blushed. How could I have possibly flagged by the bot again?

After a long back and forth between the mods and I with lots of vague answers, I found out that my friend's account, and another one unspecified by the mods, had been refounded. What? My friends had stopped playing years ago. Had they been hacked? Had they decided to start playing once more? I had no idea of knowing, as I have very limited contact between them.

If you think I'm asking for an appeal, I'm not. I was in the WA only to boost my stats for the trading card game.

I just don't want it happening to someone else, because if I were a new player and I got banned from the WA for playing with my friends, I'd stop playing.

[I don't have any beef with the mods, I admire you guys and what you're doing a whole bunch. I'm just questioning the reliability of this bot.]
Last edited by Aeisonia on Wed May 20, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defence Alert Level [DEFALLEV]
[2]
Top National Stocks
AUS ↓ 0.234%
NRM ↑ 1.34%
AGA ↑ 4.87%
HGG ↑ 3.00%
PAS ↑ 1.23%
Post-societal-collapse authoritarian corporate cyberpunk hell

This nation is a perfect representation of my views.

"Dissent? Crushed. Human Rights? Never existed. Opposing countries? Obliterated. Godmodders? Hung from a streetlamp. Minorites? Forced to the dig their own graves and shot. Your sole purpose in life? Spend money, procreate, and die. Hotel? Trivago." -Neos Realm

Anthem:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMgRvlphJ4

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am

The decision to eject a nation from the World Assembly is taken by a Moderator, not by a "bot". There is no "bug". After you submitted no less than 7 Getting Help Requests on the matter, you were told very clearly that your ban had been reviewed, it stood, and that the case was closed. You were further informed that if you behaved in the meantime, you could ask us after 1 year to have your ban removed, but that if you asked about the ban beforehand we would add another month to it.

Which is exactly what you have gone and done, just in a different venue. So you're now looking at June 20th 2021 before we will consider removing the ban.

Return to Technical