NATION

PASSWORD

General Error when trying to post in a forum thread

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Glakta
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

General Error when trying to post in a forum thread

Postby Glakta » Wed May 20, 2020 3:01 am

There is a thread in F&NI titled "Your nation's alphabet": viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55438

However, when trying to post my own alphabet, seen in this factbook, triggers the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x90\x8E\x9A[/...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

I use NS++ as an extension, but I disabled it and the problem persisted.
My best guess based on the error message is that it is related to the use of uncommon characters.

Trying to provide the BBCode of the post in question also triggered the same error. EDIT: Trying to save a draft of such post for future reference triggers the same error too.
Last edited by Glakta on Wed May 20, 2020 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
A FT federal meritocratic absolute elective monarchy in a human-dominated planet around an orange dwarf star. For more information, please visit en.glakta.gov.

I take realism, especially physics, very seriously. Please report any instances of broken physics in Glaktan canon through TG.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 am

Glakta wrote:There is a thread in F&NI titled "Your nation's alphabet": viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55438

However, when trying to post my own alphabet, seen in this factbook, triggers the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x90\x8E\x9A[/...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

My best guess based on the error message is that it is related to the use of uncommon characters.

Trying to provide the BBCode of the post in question also triggered the same error. EDIT: Trying to save a draft of such post for future reference triggers the same error too.

It does have to do with the uncommon characters.

viewtopic.php?p=33161594#p33161594 for example. Also, a variety of emoji.

Can you rework your post to not use the characters? :unsure:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Glakta
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glakta » Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Glakta wrote:There is a thread in F&NI titled "Your nation's alphabet": viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55438

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

It does have to do with the uncommon characters.

viewtopic.php?p=33161594#p33161594 for example. Also, a variety of emoji.

Can you rework your post to not use the characters? :unsure:

I'm actually baffled that there is a post about the topic focused on cuneiform characters specifically. It seems that it has not been fixed. Oh, well. Since the post was about writing systems I don't see an easy way to rework it other than linking to my factbook, or forgetting that thread exists.
A FT federal meritocratic absolute elective monarchy in a human-dominated planet around an orange dwarf star. For more information, please visit en.glakta.gov.

I take realism, especially physics, very seriously. Please report any instances of broken physics in Glaktan canon through TG.

Return to Technical