NATION

PASSWORD

Weird thing happens when I reply to threads

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Weird thing happens when I reply to threads

Postby Jeckland » Tue May 19, 2020 1:30 pm

I just made a couple of posts over in NS Sports, and when I clicked submit it showed me the preview where someone else has made a post since you started typing yours - but it was my post already submitted. I circled back out and checked and on both occasions the post had submitted and nobody else had posted between me starting typing and posting. Not really a problem as such, but thought it was worth mentioning as if it happens to other people it could lead to accidental double posts with people just hitting submit again.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue May 19, 2020 1:31 pm

I'm posting this reply to test if it happens again.

EDIT: It didn't. That's weird.
Last edited by Jeckland on Tue May 19, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm

What may have happened is the post was made in between the time you initially loaded up the thread and hit "reply", so that you could still see the post at the bottom when typing your response - as far as I can tell, the forums don't register this as reading the post.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Return to Technical