NATION

PASSWORD

Repeated Easter Egg Issues - A Holiday Masquerade #622

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Hallowed Ground
Civilian

Founded: Sep 28, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Repeated Easter Egg Issues - A Holiday Masquerade #622

Postby Hallowed Ground » Tue May 19, 2020 6:34 am

This is a problem that I have mentioned on the Easter Egg thread in Gameplay but had no response, so I am placing it here.

I track Easter Egg issues for all my puppets. For some time, and certainly from the start of this year, I have found that there have been occasions where one of my puppet nations has received an already awarded i.e., a repeated Easter Egg. Today, this puppet https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hallowed_ground received this egg issue for the THIRD time. A repeat action has happened on other puppets of mine including https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mediobogdum_ii, and https://www.nationstates.net/nation=wulfenite, but only TWICE on each of them.

There must be a problem with the system mechanics ( I am not software savvy) for this to happen as it has not occurred on any other Easter Egg issues. I have over 100 puppets which I track Easter Egg issues on all of them and this is the only one I have found to have this repeat award problem.

I have just enacted the issue and it does award an extra Easter Egg count and provides the appropriate text that goes with the selected Option.
Last edited by Hallowed Ground on Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 am

Yeah, there was something wrong with that one. Thanks for spotting it. Fixed it and I'll fix the nation badge on those puppets in a moment.

In the future, Issues related concerns go in Got Issues.

And, those nations have had their gameside Easter Egg count fixed as well.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Tue May 19, 2020 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mediobogdum
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Mediobogdum » Tue May 19, 2020 5:42 pm

Thanks, Luna, for such a very prompt response with corrections also made to the puppets involved!

On a final note, I think that my main nation https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mediobogdum may have also suffered the same fate as it is displaying 13 Easter Eggs, but I can only be sure that I have found 12 of them but not now sure which one would/might be now missing.
Medio
ElderGrump Sage, Lord of Doll Guldur, Knight of The Sacred Order, Rabbit Clan Chieftain

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue May 19, 2020 8:06 pm

That one actually only has 11 unique Easter Eggs. Gameside corrected. Thanks!

For reference, the two Mediobogdum is missing are #223 - Easter Egg: Zombie Attack! and #471 - Easter Egg: Red Sleigh Down
Last edited by Luna Amore on Tue May 19, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:33 pm

How does one even get easter eggs, is it only for Easter or for secret features or things like in other games?
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

Pythaga
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pythaga » Thu May 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Holland DS6 wrote:How does one even get easter eggs, is it only for Easter or for secret features or things like in other games?

Easter eggs are unique issues that you can get by doing certain things. This thread lists easter eggs and how to get them.

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Sun May 24, 2020 2:56 am

While we're on the topic, is that the reason why this nation has 15 Easter Eggs? https://www.nationstates.net/nation=evilcia

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun May 24, 2020 7:09 am

Dabarastan wrote:While we're on the topic, is that the reason why this nation has 15 Easter Eggs? https://www.nationstates.net/nation=evilcia

Same reason as the OP likely. They were able to answer the same Easter Egg multiple times. The counter doesn't care what Easter Egg you answer, it just goes up. So if you somehow are able to answer the same one multiple times, it'll count it.

Now, that nation has 6 unique Easter Eggs, so he must have answered it an additional nine times. Corrected.

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Sun May 24, 2020 8:32 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Dabarastan wrote:While we're on the topic, is that the reason why this nation has 15 Easter Eggs? https://www.nationstates.net/nation=evilcia

Same reason as the OP likely. They were able to answer the same Easter Egg multiple times. The counter doesn't care what Easter Egg you answer, it just goes up. So if you somehow are able to answer the same one multiple times, it'll count it.

Now, that nation has 6 unique Easter Eggs, so he must have answered it an additional nine times. Corrected.

Do you think this problem is widespread, or even still occurring?

Canyamel
Attaché

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Canyamel » Mon May 25, 2020 2:33 am

Will the cards be updated? Because some S1 and S2 cards have the old easter egg number.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon May 25, 2020 7:26 am

Canyamel wrote:Will the cards be updated? Because some S1 and S2 cards have the old easter egg number.

I can't update card badges without affecting the other badges on the card in the process. Given how far we are into the season, I'm not going to alter the cards and potentially muck up someone's collections.

I can't say for sure how widespread it may be, because it would normally be up to the player to report "hey I got this Easter Egg twice". The only other way we would be able to tell is if the Easter Egg count has risen above the available Easter Eggs in game like Evilcia's did.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon May 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Canyamel wrote:Will the cards be updated? Because some S1 and S2 cards have the old easter egg number.

I can't update card badges without affecting the other badges on the card in the process. Given how far we are into the season, I'm not going to alter the cards and potentially muck up someone's collections.

I can't say for sure how widespread it may be, because it would normally be up to the player to report "hey I got this Easter Egg twice". The only other way we would be able to tell is if the Easter Egg count has risen above the available Easter Eggs in game like Evilcia's did.

Is that data(easter egg count) available in the data dump? If so, we can script and go through it and find out.

Otherwise, ask an admin to do it, they have access to more data fields.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am

I'm pretty sure I've gotten this one twice...

(Although it makes me sad because I still don't know which 2 eggs I'm missing!!)

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am

Land Without Shrimp wrote:I'm pretty sure I've gotten this one twice...

(Although it makes me sad because I still don't know which 2 eggs I'm missing!!)

Yup, you got it twice, so you're Easter Egg count is actually 11. Corrected on your gameside.

Your missing EEs are :
#78: Easter Egg: Should We Pull the Lever?
#223: Easter Egg: Zombies Attack!

Holland DS6
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am

Luna Amore wrote:

Yup, you got it twice, so you're Easter Egg count is actually 11. Corrected on your gameside.

Your missing EEs are :

So is there only 13 Easter Eggs currently in the game?
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 am

Holland DS6 wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Yup, you got it twice, so you're Easter Egg count is actually 11. Corrected on your gameside.

Your missing EEs are :

So is there only 13 Easter Eggs currently in the game?

Yeah, you can check them in here
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=618285
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am

Luna Amore wrote:

Your missing EEs are :

Thank you, Luna Amore. =) Much appreciated.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:55 am

Going back to this thread from a whle ago, if I just "spam" changing some settings like having the color for the pretitle to try to get the easter egg faster, it isn't considered breaking the rules to speed the process up, is it? I canged six times 6 days ago and I know it can take up to two weeks or so, but still haven't gotten a single ee. issue or another egg issue I tried :(

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 am

There's no rule against you changing your custom fields as often as you like.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:12 pm

Well I thought it might be spam, but like The Blaatschapen said:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Is that data(easter egg count) available in the data dump? If so, we can script and go through it and find out.

Otherwise, ask an admin to do it, they have access to more data fields.
Can we get someone like [Violet] or Ballotonia to look at the code to see what the exact requirements are, or to at least say what romors are true or false, for example the Zombie one, people are saying you don't have to CTE, just have the word zombie as your motto or something like that. But if you put out the imformation, you could also somehow make it a challenge to find out for those who actually try to get Easter Eggs to have the knowledge, who knows, it is the mods choice

I just found out that two of the Easter Eggs, the Zombie Attack (Issue 223) and the A Holiday Masquerade (Issue 622), those who are in class regions, like me, can't get these two, as they are labeled adult issues from Luna: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=32269129#p32269129, that makes sense why I get some of those issues on my puppet accounts but not this one, but that also means that if I don't leave my region, I can only achieve 11 Easter Eggs :( :mad:
Hide this: It is all about the different EE´s, and it might be the best source for all of your Easter Egg Questions: https://nsindex.net/wiki/Easter_eggs
It took way to long to figure out the spoiler, here is some help if you need it, https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1, it is from Testlania
Last edited by Holland DS6 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:00 pm

No member of the site staff is going to confirm the validity requirements for Easter Egg issues. The whole point is they're a challenge to find.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Not to stick my nose in other peoples´ business, but people like East Borland have 17 easter eggs, I was just looking through the most corrupt nation after answering an issue on a puppet and stuff and saw that, so maybe we could also make a mega thread or something to fix the ee count on peoples´ nations that have answered the same one multiple times like I might (I spammed changing my custom fields for some of the easter eggs faster) and preferably by a mod to get (the thread) noticed more. This megathread could be where people can post the link to a persons´ nation whose counter isn't right, like 14 or more, or ask a mod what EE they have or missing but not exchange all the info about how to get each one, of course, but who knows, it was just an idea

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:06 pm

I'm checking with the admins to see if there's a possibility of a coded fix. In the meantime, if you find any, I don't mind manually fixing them.

East Borland is fixed and set a new record. They answered 622 an extra 12 times. Exactly what I expected from the #1 Most Corrupt nation. :p
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:03 pm

Again, not trying to cause troble, but as I was looking through the ´Firsts´ collection, S1 and S2, of all the cards with the 1st ranking at the time, I think it is only 2 that had me wondering, I just wanted to clarify if The Dark System had all 13, as he/she has exactly 13, and Nadir Dystopia currently has 17 easter eggs, since the time of when S2 cards came out to now, no one reported the extras. If I had a lot more time, then I would help to find more, and since I spammed my custom fields to get the ee issues, later I too would probably need a fix. :rofl: Nice
Last edited by Holland DS6 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:55 am

Holland DS6 wrote:Again, not trying to cause troble, but as I was looking through the ´Firsts´ collection, S1 and S2, of all the cards with the 1st ranking at the time, I think it is only 2 that had me wondering, I just wanted to clarify if The Dark System had all 13, as he/she has exactly 13, and Nadir Dystopia currently has 17 easter eggs, since the time of when S2 cards came out to now, no one reported the extras. If I had a lot more time, then I would help to find more, and since I spammed my custom fields to get the ee issues, later I too would probably need a fix. :rofl: Nice

There are no problems with spamming your custom fields to get the eggs! It's all part of the challenge. : )

Also, as the mods said, they're looking at developing a widespread fix, but in the meantime they're happy to remove illegitimate eggs manually. So you're not causing trouble - if you do see any accounts with over 13 eggs, post them in here.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical