NATION

PASSWORD

Formatting Problem on WA Proposals

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Stellonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Formatting Problem on WA Proposals

Postby Stellonia » Mon May 18, 2020 6:13 pm

I have noticed a slight problem with formatting on submitted WA Proposals. Specifically, while the text is in Georgia, a serif font, the numbers from the numbered list are in some sans-serif font. Here is an image that shows this problem.

EDIT: Additionally, all words of the title are automatically capitalized, even when convention dictates that they should not (e.g. "the," "of," "and").
Last edited by Stellonia on Mon May 18, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kafair
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Mon May 18, 2020 6:15 pm

What an odd and very specific issue/thing
Last edited by Kafair on Mon May 18, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck, first Chancellor of Germany
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." -Karl Marx
"History is written by the victors." -Winston Churchill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------|--------------------------------------------^--------------------------------------
--------O-----------------------------------------< O >------------------------------------
--------|-----------------------------------------\_[]__/-----------------------------------
IRL History Buff, More or Less just the Desert, nation is a Theocratic Monarchy, in which the word of the Sultan is law. PMT tech
I SUPPORT THE USE OF SWORDS IN MY MILITARY, DEAL WITH IT
The first president of the Azure Watester Federation! Join today!
NS Stats? Dont make me laugh!
NationStates Flag Bracket - 5th place!

Stellonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Mon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm

Kafair wrote:What an odd and very specific issue/thing

Perhaps it is.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue May 19, 2020 9:19 am

Stellonia wrote:EDIT: Additionally, all words of the title are automatically capitalized, even when convention dictates that they should not (e.g. "the," "of," "and").

If a customisable solution to this problem proves unviable, I would happily support a return to the pre-2016 system wherein only the first letter of the proposal's entire title was capitalised.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue May 19, 2020 9:46 am

Stellonia wrote:EDIT: Additionally, all words of the title are automatically capitalized, even when convention dictates that they should not (e.g. "the," "of," "and").

I have noticed this before and don't have a problem with it - however, it does have unintended consequences, such as if someone doesn't capitalize their words manually, in some modes of official communication, the uncapitalized words will remain capitalized, making it inconsistent.

E.G. "14 hours ago: Stellonia withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "legalize birth control"." when it would've shown up "Legalize Birth Control" on the proposals list. I don't know how this works with passed resolutions.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Stellonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am

Morover wrote:

I have noticed this before and don't have a problem with it - however, it does have unintended consequences, such as if someone doesn't capitalize their words manually, in some modes of official communication, the uncapitalized words will remain capitalized, making it inconsistent.

E.G. "14 hours ago: Stellonia withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "legalize birth control"." when it would've shown up "Legalize Birth Control" on the proposals list. I don't know how this works with passed resolutions.

This is correct. I saw that I had submitted "legalize birth control" and withdrew it so I could replace it with "Legalize Birth Control." I would have entitled it "Legalization of Birth Control," but of was automatically capitalized, rendering it as "Legalization Of Birth Control."

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am

Stellonia wrote:
Morover wrote:I have noticed this before and don't have a problem with it - however, it does have unintended consequences, such as if someone doesn't capitalize their words manually, in some modes of official communication, the uncapitalized words will remain capitalized, making it inconsistent.

This is correct. I saw that I had submitted "legalize birth control" and withdrew it so I could replace it with "Legalize Birth Control." I would have entitled it "Legalization of Birth Control," but of was automatically capitalized, rendering it as "Legalization Of Birth Control."

I think I had a similar problem with an old proposal of mine, but I don't think it passed so I can't really comment on long-term implications.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue May 19, 2020 10:52 am

Problem has been known since the GA graphical rework. It comes from the CSS employed, which hasn't been fixed for IDK reasons.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical