NATION

PASSWORD

Banners not fitting the screen?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ludania
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Banners not fitting the screen?

Postby Ludania » Thu May 14, 2020 11:36 pm

Hello all,

I recently got a new laptop and there's one minor problem that's come to irritate me. The banners here on NS are totally out of proportion and seem to cut about half of them off, including the ones NS provides not just custom ones. The banners are really zoomed in and look pretty stupid at times, and I have to zoom in to about 200% for them to look normal again. Is there anything I can do or any settings I should try and change?

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu May 14, 2020 11:39 pm

Ludania wrote:Hello all,

I recently got a new laptop and there's one minor problem that's come to irritate me. The banners here on NS are totally out of proportion and seem to cut about half of them off, including the ones NS provides not just custom ones. The banners are really zoomed in and look pretty stupid at times, and I have to zoom in to about 200% for them to look normal again. Is there anything I can do or any settings I should try and change?

"Zoomed in" as in lower resolution, or...?

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Ludania
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ludania » Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 pm

-Astoria wrote:
Ludania wrote:Hello all,

"Zoomed in" as in lower resolution, or...?

I don't change the resolution I just zoom/scroll in on the page, the banners aren't distorted or pixellated they just look way too big so I can only see a fairly thin part of them across the middle.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu May 14, 2020 11:54 pm

Ludania wrote:
-Astoria wrote:"Zoomed in" as in lower resolution, or...?

I don't change the resolution I just zoom/scroll in on the page, the banners aren't distorted or pixellated they just look way too big so I can only see a fairly thin part of them across the middle.

Could you screenshot it at 100% for us?

Ludania
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ludania » Fri May 15, 2020 12:04 am

Sure. Thanks for taking a look.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Fri May 15, 2020 12:29 am

Ludania wrote:Sure. Thanks for taking a look.

Shows up fine on my screen - maybe it's your screen resolution.

Ludania
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ludania » Fri May 15, 2020 12:43 am

-Astoria wrote:
Ludania wrote:Sure. Thanks for taking a look.

Shows up fine on my screen - maybe it's your screen resolution.

Here it is at 200% which is how it's supposed to look. Is there anything I can do?

Tessen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tessen » Sun May 17, 2020 2:54 am

I can confirm this being an issue on my screen as well -- exactly as outlined. Banners don't seem to display well on wide screens. It has bothered me greatly, and takes away a great deal of fun in viewing nation banners, but I haven't complained, thinking that, perhaps, it was just a local issue on my end. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person experiencing this.

If this can be fixed for wide screens, I would be ever so grateful. Banners are one of the fun things about unique nations.
Last edited by Tessen on Sun May 17, 2020 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Director of the American Union and American Independent States roleplay regions.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Mon May 18, 2020 10:40 am

I have had this problem. It changes randomly, like with my banner right now, it works fine. But some images the same size are warped.
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 pm

I'm pretty sure this happens because the site now automatically scales things like banners and flags based on both your screen resolution as well as your browser window size.

You can actually see that if you just take your nation page and resize the window around, you'll notice that banners and your flag gets resized as you make the window smaller and bigger.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical