NATION

PASSWORD

How to put a png screen shot into a Factbook?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Wack-i
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

How to put a png screen shot into a Factbook?

Postby Wack-i » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:39 am

This is a follow-up to my other post on trying to find a good mapping website, I settled with Donjon.

So, I made the map, took the screenshot of my selected land, done, right? No. When I was making my Factbook, I opened my Finder (I'm on a Mac OS) and dragged the image into the text field, I selected preview since I thought it was just the game but when I opened it, it was just an unclickable link/url. The image is a png. So can anyone help?
Kazakhstani tribes, migrate, Russia, sail, island, take, warlords, British, Dutch, revolution, yay, mining...uhh...WWI, WWII, Cold War..President McLemon. That's our history mostly. We are very W A C K Y so everything is weird in our nation.

NS Stats may or not be canon, instead read our factbooks and read our policies for canon stats.

An isle nation that is founder of Lemonea.
Pro:
-capitalism
-democracy
-isreal
-hong kong
-free speech
Anti:
-communism
-china
-censorship

(more to come later)

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:41 am

Wack-i wrote:This is a follow-up to my other post on trying to find a good mapping website, I settled with Donjon.

So, I made the map, took the screenshot of my selected land, done, right? No. When I was making my Factbook, I opened my Finder (I'm on a Mac OS) and dragged the image into the text field, I selected preview since I thought it was just the game but when I opened it, it was just an unclickable link/url. The image is a png. So can anyone help?

Try using this site, since you can upload or copy pictures and put them straight into BBCode

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."
— Sadavir Errinwright, Expanse S2E12
"Вечнасць для Czaslyudiya!"
Federal Republic of Czaslyudian Peoples

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.
Sponsoring this signature
We're also the Czaslyudian Peoples now. Don't ask.

The Visitor
Civilian

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Visitor » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:42 am

Last edited by The Visitor on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wack-i
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wack-i » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:49 am

Cossack Peoples wrote:
Wack-i wrote:This is a follow-up to my other post on trying to find a good mapping website, I settled with Donjon.

Try using this site, since you can upload or copy pictures and put them straight into BBCode

Ok thanks, now I can make images for my nation and share them in my Factbooks.
Kazakhstani tribes, migrate, Russia, sail, island, take, warlords, British, Dutch, revolution, yay, mining...uhh...WWI, WWII, Cold War..President McLemon. That's our history mostly. We are very W A C K Y so everything is weird in our nation.

NS Stats may or not be canon, instead read our factbooks and read our policies for canon stats.

An isle nation that is founder of Lemonea.
Pro:
-capitalism
-democracy
-isreal
-hong kong
-free speech
Anti:
-communism
-china
-censorship

(more to come later)

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:53 am

You can't just upload images from your computer to NationStates. You have to use an image hosting site. I recommend Imgur- it's easy to use and doesn't reuse image URLs like some sites. You don't even need an account, technically- just go to https://www.imgur.com. Then you need the direct link to the image, and you place that between [img] tags. The important thing is that your link must go directly to the image, and not just a webpage containing the image. Otherwise, your image won't show up.

Right: https://i.imgur.com/x0XzyDt.jpg

Wrong: https://imgur.com/x0XzyDt
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Kiev Ruse
Secretary

Founded: Dec 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiev Ruse » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:45 pm

cool

Yusik
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Yusik » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:13 am