NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Images Hosted on a Prohibited Channel?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

[Q] Images Hosted on a Prohibited Channel?

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm

When trying to draft a post that included embedded images hosted in Discord, I got the below messages which prevented me from viewing or submitting the post.

Since I have never had issues embedding images hosted on Discord before, I was wondering if things had changed site-wise.

Thanks!
Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:16 am

Yep, we had to block Discord as an image-host because of problematic usage. Existing posts are okay, but you will hit the check if you edit or create a post that embeds images from there.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:35 am

[violet] wrote:Yep, we had to block Discord as an image-host because of problematic usage. Existing posts are okay, but you will hit the check if you edit or create a post that embeds images from there.

Thanks for the info!

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:26 am

[violet] wrote:Yep, we had to block Discord as an image-host because of problematic usage. Existing posts are okay, but you will hit the check if you edit or create a post that embeds images from there.

Apologies for necroing a thread, but I need to add on.
Is this host-ban going to be only for forum posts, or dispatches too?
The Syndicalist Union of Kalaascovy
The Antarctic Cold Truly is the Heart of Freedom

A nation which birthed itself in a civil war out of the decaying Empire of Kromerov, it resides in a fictional Polynesian island chain near Antarctica in the continent of Balugata during the 2040s. It is known for its radical politics, high Human Development Index, and devotion to local autonomy. Allies with Rohendia and keeps friendly relations with North Rohendia
Ignored policies: Capitalism, Compulsory Organ Harvesting

A bored college age lad who is trying to get into Cyber Security. Known commonly as Hussar with friends.

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Please check out my puppet Kromerov for what we used to be.

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:30 am

Kalaascovy wrote:

Apologies for necroing a thread, but I need to add on.
Is this host-ban going to be only for forum posts, or dispatches too?

It seems the Images from Discord Works Fine on Dispatches. But I don't know. Let's wait for Mods.
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:16 am

At present forum only. If it becomes a problem in dispatches, then that may change.

Return to Technical