NATION

PASSWORD

Dangerous site warning in thread

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Dangerous site warning in thread

Postby Aikoland » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:22 am

Hey, so IDK if I should be reporting this here in technical or in moderation, but I clicked a link to the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69947

And well, some URL on the page is considered dangerous because on Chrome, it just automatically redirects me to this page:

The basic translation is just:
Deceptive site!

Attackers on interiordesigningblog.com may try and trick you to do something dangerous such as installing software or revealing personal information (passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).

Now, obviously, I can just bypass this page and go right to the thread, but maybe a mod or whatever wants to find whatever the hell on the page is linking to that interiordesigningblog site and remove it so that warning doesn't appear?

(Also the thread's been gravedug with an adspammer too so should probably be locked or something but YEAH)
Last edited by Luna Amore on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoilered big image
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:51 am

I can replicate the issue on my device. Super weird. Perhaps there's an embed in the thread that makes the warning pop up?

EDIT: I think I'm probably right (or somewhere along the lines of right), because I went into the forum to see if I could find the thread itself, and clicking it there had the same effect, so it's not an issue with the link. However, going onto the second page (see below) acts as usual.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69947&start=25
Last edited by Morover on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 am

The adspammer has been nuked so ideally it is fixed now.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 am

It was a link posted by an adbot. Deleted.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 am

"Attackers on interiordesigningblog.com may try and trick you to do something dangerous such as installing software or revealing personal information (passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards)."

There was also a hotlinked image that went to that website on the first page. Removed hotlink. Always a good reminder to use dedicated image hosting sites like imgur and not hotlink.

Return to Technical