NATION

PASSWORD

[Feature Request] Search Function for Telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

[Feature Request] Search Function for Telegrams

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:09 am

Hi!

When the ability to buy larger inboxes debuted in February 2013, one of the first comments ever on the news was to note that a search function for TG inboxes would inevitably be needed, as nations would soon have way more than 20 telegrams stored. Since then, the matter has been brought up in almost a dozen different suggestion threads, and become one of the most popular features of NationStates extensions, for good reason. There's really no other way to find anything specific in thousands of sent and received messages.

While admin was initially bearish on this feature's feasibility, half a decade ago the viewpoint had changed to stating that it was doable and would only take an hour of downtime, and three years ago it was reiterated both as useful and as having a moderate degree of priority.

So, seeing as it's been ten months since this was last bumped...

...Any chance of a Telegram Search Function being added to Vanilla NS before the Annual April Fools Coding Crunch Season? :p

Thanks.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:15 pm

Oh yea; please add this. Hell, make it DLC at a reasonable price and I'll buy it too if you really need more incentive.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Oh yea; please add this. Hell, make it DLC at a reasonable price and I'll buy it too if you really need more incentive.

Agreed. Perfectly happy to pay for it. I've got a relatively small 2k TGs in mine, while others have far more, and it's quite hard to view if you've talked to the person TGing you before or not etc.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:05 pm

Flanderlion wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Oh yea; please add this. Hell, make it DLC at a reasonable price and I'll buy it too if you really need more incentive.

Agreed. Perfectly happy to pay for it. I've got a relatively small 2k TGs in mine, while others have far more, and it's quite hard to view if you've talked to the person TGing you before or not etc.

Heck, my 300-400 or so in received and 210 in sent is hard to sort through, would definitely appreciate not having to scroll through all the pages looking for that one thing I sent/got years back.

Terttia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Although I haven’t upgraded my inbox (nor do I have any plans to do so), I think that telegram searches for keywords would help many players navigate through their seemingly endless inbox.

I also think that the ability to search for nations (by their specific name) who have sent a telegram would be useful in addition to the keyword searches.
Last edited by Terttia on Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Never was anything great achieved without danger.” -Niccolò Machiavelli

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:10 pm

This^

I haven't played nearly as long as Imperium Anglorum or the OP have but I would LOVE a search function for my inbox.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Miss Bad Life Choices
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Bad Life Choices » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 pm

Yus. Search function for TGs would be wonderful!
Xoriet: You’re the best thing to hit raiding since Sev
Miravana: "the accident" is the best way to describe Dak becoming a GCR delegate

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical