NATION

PASSWORD

Economic Efficiency Rating

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Economic Efficiency Rating

Postby United Dependencies » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 pm

So as I am currently reading this, there are currently 11,696 nations who are at 100 economic efficiency and are all tied for first. Is this rating supposed to be used for comparison with other nations? Is it possible that the scale needs adjustment?

What exactly is this metric supposed to be capturing?
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:44 am

Does anyone know when the beta will be released? It has been on last call for months.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Krusavich
Attaché

Founded: Mar 19, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krusavich » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 am

I think at this point the betas are vaporware. These things have been ready to release for well over a year now with no signs of an actual implementation.

Either they're going to see a massive overhaul in the future, or the devs just don't have time anymore for developing.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Krusavich wrote:I think at this point the betas are vaporware. These things have been ready to release for well over a year now with no signs of an actual implementation.

Either they're going to see a massive overhaul in the future, or the devs just don't have time anymore for developing.

Some betas have been implemented. The current ones have been stalled for months, yes, but you have no idea what snags the team has hit behind the scenes (nor do I) and no idea how much time they have for new development. I'm as ready as you are, but patience must prevail.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Krusavich
Attaché

Founded: Mar 19, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krusavich » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Phydios wrote:Some betas have been implemented. The current ones have been stalled for months, yes, but you have no idea what snags the team has hit behind the scenes (nor do I) and no idea how much time they have for new development. I'm as ready as you are, but patience must prevail.

It has been closing on two years now for most of the betas. You're absolutely correct that we do not and cannot know what's going on behind the scenes - but this is still a massive time gap for changes that we can already see the results of readily.

I also find it humorous to visit those beta discussion threads to find that most of the commenting nations don't even exist anymore. The implementation period has outlived a good chunk of its verbal supporters.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Trotterdam wrote:See here.

Thanks!
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical