NATION

PASSWORD

Lowering the Delegate approval percent to 5%

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aflijan
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Lowering the Delegate approval percent to 5%

Postby Aflijan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Hey everyone, here's my suggestion that could make the game a little better. I believe that moving the amount from 6% for delegates approving a resolution(in the SC or WA) should be lowered to 5%. This would make resolutions pop up a little bit more versus sitting for a week without anything. It also helps combat when there is an inactive delegate who has been sitting there forever. Just a little suggestion, let me know what you think.
-Aflijan
Founder and Delegate of Razzarus

"Sometimes, doing good isn't an option" - Me, myself and I

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm

The solution to an idle GA and SC is to write better proposals. Reducing the rate will just let more crap flow through.

There are times when we have half a dozen proposals in Queue waiting to go to vote, and there are times when there is nothing ready to go. It's been that way for 17 years. This too shall pass.

Aflijan
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aflijan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:42 pm

See, but my problem is that the queue hasn't been full with more than one resolution waiting for a long time. One percent won't let everything through, but it sure will let through one or two more.
-Aflijan
Founder and Delegate of Razzarus

"Sometimes, doing good isn't an option" - Me, myself and I

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 pm

I don't remember seeing a recent resolution that would have made it to the floor with a 1% reduction in quorum. Every one has either failed by a long margin, made it to the floor, or been voted illegal by GenSec. This suggestion wouldn't have had any effect that I would have noticed.

And this is definitely a low point in the GA. I remember when I started it seemed to go from resolution straight to resolution, not these large periods of inactivity. And I'm sure Fris, who's been around for 10 years longer than I have, has definitely seen more of it than I have.

I kinda support lowering it purely because 5% is a more even number than 6%, but that's not a good enough justification really.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:14 am

Aflijan wrote:See, but my problem is that the queue hasn't been full with more than one resolution waiting for a long time. One percent won't let everything through, but it sure will let through one or two more.

If anything it should be increased to 10%. Anybody can get a proposal to queue for the low sum of $1.35 (give or take).
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:I don't remember seeing a recent resolution that would have made it to the floor with a 1% reduction in quorum. Every one has either failed by a long margin, made it to the floor, or been voted illegal by GenSec. This suggestion wouldn't have had any effect that I would have noticed.

Oh, you know nothing Jon Snow.
I have had three proposals at least, fail by less than 4 approvals. And they were legal and well drafted.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Return to Technical