NATION

PASSWORD

[SUGGESTION] Card Gift Notes

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

[SUGGESTION] Card Gift Notes

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Hello, everyone! Manson here.

Since I have to wake up at 5 AM tomorrow and I'm getting increasingly tired with every passing moment, I'm just going to sum up my idea very quickly so I can go to sleep and so you don't have to read through the nearly endless ravings of a sleep deprived madman.

I'm sure that you're all very familiar with the concept of buying a gift for someone. You want to make it special and personal for them. You want them to smile, you went them to appreciate it. For the longest time, gift notes have existed. If you're not familiar with gift notes, I'll explain what they are right now. Gift notes are little slips of paper that come with the gift you purchased for whoever. Sometimes they're written on a small piece of paper, maybe you write one in a card or print your message out, you get the picture.

The point of writing a gift note is, like I said earlier, to make the gift's receiver happy. This brings me to my actual proposal. You guessed it, card gift notes! What I have in mind is that there could be an optional feature to write out a quick message, of course not exceeding however many characters, as to why you're gifting the card or whatever. You may be wondering, “why not send a telegram?” Well, if you must wonder, I personally think that it'd be too much work for such a simple thing. It really wouldn't make much sense to just send a one-sided note to a friend via telegram. What I'm proposing would be sent in the form of a notice. Receivers of gifted cards already get notices for when they're sent a new card, right? Why not include a plus symbol with the words “note attached” and allow them to expand the notice and read the gift note? At least, that's my take on it.

Thanks for reading,

Manson
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:00 pm

I lovr it, as long as the notes are optional. Cardfarming nations transfer cards between eachother all the time, and notes are just hinderances
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:54 pm

If the message is short enough it could just be included in the notification, doesn't even need to be hidden
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Return to Technical