NATION

PASSWORD

Cloudflare Connection Error

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Haku
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Cloudflare Connection Error

Postby Haku » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 am

I've been receiving the following error occasionally when I'm browsing the site. I'm assuming it's only happening to users close to my location, because I have yet to see anyone else mention it. This has been happening for about 4-5 days now.

Code: Select all
Server Error! Sorry. We failed to connect you with the NationStates Metaverse.

This may be caused by temporary technical problems, bugs, or widespread political revolution.

Retry
Forum

Inspired by the novel Jennifer Government by Max Barry
Connection Info
Web server is returning an unknown error

There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

Ray ID: 514ae35139cbcaa8
    Your IP address: [redacted]
    Error reference number: 520
    Cloudflare Location: Toronto

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 am

Cloudflare is a major hosting service, and someone else they host has apparently made some enemies who like to DDoS their service. We sometimes catch the fringe of those attacks. It's not something we can fix in our own code, and you can be certain that Cloudflare is aware of (and combating) the attacks. In the meantime, just try again in a few seconds.

Welcome to the new Internet, still filled with the same jerks and asses as the old Internet, but with more tools at their disposal.

Return to Technical