NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Confirm Dismiss Button - "Wait, No!"

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

[Suggestion] Confirm Dismiss Button - "Wait, No!"

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:50 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I haven't heard about it.

When you have "Require confirmation before passing legislation" on, clicking an issue button gives you 2 buttons: "Confirm" or "Wait, No!". But when you press to dismiss an issue, it gives you only a "Confirm" button. To go back and change your decision, you have to press back in your browser. There should be another button, as with the other options, saying "Wait, No!".

It's a very minor QoL fix, but it's been bugging me for a little while now.
Thanks!
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:23 am

Although a minor change, I would support adding “Wait, No!” to confirm the dismissal of an issue for accessibility reasons.

I do sometimes find it annoying when I have the time to answer issues with West Calypso, and not everyone will instantly find Trotterdam’s analysis of an issue’s outcomes on day one.

-- Minoa
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:14 am

I honestly can't believe it's been a full year since I created this thread. Nevertheless, my suggestion still hasn't been implemented, so I'd like to give it a quick bump and try to get noticed.

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm

If you go to settings > issues > require confirmation before passing issue then that's a feature. It also makes it so that when you try to answer an issue, it requires confirmation too.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Awesomeland012345 wrote:If you go to settings > issues > require confirmation before passing issue then that's a feature. It also makes it so that when you try to answer an issue, it requires confirmation too.

It sort of does. I have that feature on, and I get a "Wait, No! button for choosing an issue, in addition to a "Confirm this choice" button. If I dismiss the issue, though, there's only a "Confirm" button.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Awesomeland012345 wrote:If you go to settings > issues > require confirmation before passing issue then that's a feature. It also makes it so that when you try to answer an issue, it requires confirmation too.

The whole point of my post is that if you have confirmation on, the button to go back from dismissal doesn't exist.

Turning confirmation on won't fix the problem, because the problem is with confirmation.
SherpDaWerp wrote:When you have "Require confirmation before passing legislation" on
Last edited by SherpDaWerp on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Implemented! Thanks for the suggestion.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:26 pm

[violet] wrote:Implemented! Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

Confound you, muscle memory! I must now get accustomed to moving my mouse a few more pixels to the left to dismiss.

Jokes aside, it's a perfectly logical change. I did find it weird that you had to use the back button to exit the dismiss confirmation page.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical