NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Rankings and trophies for deck value

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
The Northern Light
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

[Suggestion] Rankings and trophies for deck value

Postby The Northern Light » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,

I'd like to suggest that deck value is added as a category that confers a world ranking, as well as regional and national trophies.

We already have rankings and trophies for several very disparate aspects of the game, ranging from various gameplay mechanics (population, residency, endorsements, influence), to all sorts of statistics based on issues and WA votes.

Given that trading cards are now an full-fledged part of the game (important enough to have their own section in the FAQ), I think it would make sense to add rankings and trophies based on deck values. All nations have a deck value, whether they participate in the cards game or not---same as how all nations have endorsements, and associated rankings and trophies, whether they participate in the WA game or not.

Having rankings and trophies based on card value would help promote participation to the cards subgame, and it would also help provide recognition to those who excel at it.

Additionally, regional rankings and trophies would help bring some regional-level activity to the cards subgame, e.g., regions encouraging their nations to get involved in order to boost the regional ranking.

Thanks,
TNL.
Last edited by The Northern Light on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Toerana
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Toerana » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:31 pm

I love the idea of making cards into something that has a stat and a badge, it rewards people for investing time into cards (in reference to farmers) and it almost rewards people with a potential for getting a better card next season as the stat badge is higher.

Plus Koem needs to be in a top 1st stat collection xD
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -

User avatar
Mikeswill
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 174
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mikeswill » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:28 pm

I fully support this proposition
It is almost as if I thought it up

:p
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

User avatar
Refuge Isle
Attaché
 
Posts: 69
Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:07 pm

I don't think that it has any precedent in terms of minigame stuff appearing outside of minigames, but cards are basically the most involved and thought out activity since r/d. Players who participate in NS cards can put hundreds of hours into high-value decks or unique and creative collections, and that certainly keeps my interest.

It's worth considering that work.

User avatar
Catsfern
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Catsfern » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:10 pm

if i may make a request to also make a special badge for anyone who collects say 20 or more copies of their own nations card.
I use NS stats that applies to everyone no exceptions, for details telegram me or don't and NO we are not a nation of cats
WIP wiki here https://catsfern.fandom.com/wiki/Catsfern_WikiWIKI ALWAYS UPDATING!Most recent page: Military
ASK ME ANYTHING HERE https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=464664
100 COPIES OF MY OWN NATIONS CARD! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=240
Catsfernian Newspaper! (new edition every Sunday / edition 5 out now) https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CywWf8K6aSGbr63zhtnrIHsl4Y3X-mLVO2xOiUemro/edit?usp=sharing
My thoughts on NS stats https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1255156

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4077
Founded: May 23, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Catsfern wrote:if i may make a request to also make a special badge for anyone who collects say 20 or more copies of their own nations card.

You just want that because you have a card.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: Capitalism, No Internet, No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87123 (similar to Estonia)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Catsfern
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Catsfern » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Catsfern wrote:if i may make a request to also make a special badge for anyone who collects say 20 or more copies of their own nations card.

You just want that because you have a card.


dam right I want that, but also it would be cool for any other self colectors
I use NS stats that applies to everyone no exceptions, for details telegram me or don't and NO we are not a nation of cats
WIP wiki here https://catsfern.fandom.com/wiki/Catsfern_WikiWIKI ALWAYS UPDATING!Most recent page: Military
ASK ME ANYTHING HERE https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=464664
100 COPIES OF MY OWN NATIONS CARD! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=240
Catsfernian Newspaper! (new edition every Sunday / edition 5 out now) https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CywWf8K6aSGbr63zhtnrIHsl4Y3X-mLVO2xOiUemro/edit?usp=sharing
My thoughts on NS stats https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1255156

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1055
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Love this idea
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
PolitiStates Result
Pro:Laissez-faire, Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Extreme Progressivism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.
A high school student aged 15 from Ireland, living in Co. Dublin. Interested in politics, gaming, and history.

User avatar
9003
Envoy
 
Posts: 216
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby 9003 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:14 am

I love the idea even if it is just a badge that goes on our cards.

I do also agree that this is on a similar scale to R/D in popularity but you can play at anytime!

rewards are an important part of keeping players interested as it is a goal to strive for
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

User avatar
Tarockanien
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 54
Founded: May 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarockanien » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:23 pm

When looking at the nations posting so far, I´d say, it´s rather self-explaining why I (and I assume, most of the other "single nation" or "small" players) won´t be to "amused" if the "card game" shows any repercussions in the NS-game other than being listed (ranked) as it´s done at the moment.
Farmers and the like don´t "invest time in the game", they invest time in their own greed and desire for being some "big cheese" somehow. This (imo unfair and somehow even disgusting) behaviour shouldn´t be encouraged and rewarded as well by some sort of "official" recognition (like badges, further rankings, aso), since thousands of "single nation" or, as you might call them, "small" players in NS, which would never ever have a real chance to get some "badges" stand against at max a few dozens of "big farmers" fighting in a closed game among themselves. As Coffin-breathe wrote in an other thread, it would only be a "fair" and "acceptable for everyone" option, if there would be only one card-receiving nation for every player, and everyone started anew without massive accumulated "bank" and "unlimited card space".
And more than this, there should not be a competition of "amass-collections", but of "themed collections", which imo distinguishes "real collections (those where someone really has his heart and interest in)" from simple "big amassings of similar cards from a bunch of farms and calling it a collection" only on reason of "because I can". I´d say, the best, and/or most original and creative collections go mainly unnoticed, because their owners don´t brag about; they don´t have to, because they collect for their own purpose and desire, not for "big show-offs".

User avatar
Mikeswill
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 174
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mikeswill » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Golly
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

User avatar
Toerana
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Toerana » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 pm

I entirely agree. Anyone with more than 1 nation should get all their nations DEAT'd as there is a risk of cards being played on more than one account.

In all seriousness Card farming takes an immense amount of time if you do it a lot and can reap very little about points. People do it for their own wealth - but that's why people buy and sell cards. For money, value, to collect impressive collections and more. This rewards player who put a lot of time into the sub game as at the end of the day if the Administration team chose to all the work could vanish.
Last edited by Toerana on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -

User avatar
The Northern Light
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Northern Light » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Tarockanien wrote:When looking at the nations posting so far, I´d say, it´s rather self-explaining why I (and I assume, most of the other "single nation" or "small" players) won´t be to "amused" if the "card game" shows any repercussions in the NS-game other than being listed (ranked) as it´s done at the moment.

I am not sure what repercussions you are talking about. Nations that don't want to participate in the cards game will... just not have a trophy that they already don't have. It will basically have zero effect on them.

It is no different than the existing trophy for endorsements: If a nation decides they want to stay out of the WA, they just don't get a trophy for endorsements, a trophy they didn't have to begin with. So, they are not affected by the existence of the trophy whatsoever.

Tarockanien wrote:Farmers and the like don´t "invest time in the game", they invest time in their own greed and desire for being some "big cheese" somehow. This (imo unfair and somehow even disgusting) behaviour shouldn´t be encouraged and rewarded as well by some sort of "official" recognition (like badges, further rankings, aso), since thousands of "single nation" or, as you might call them, "small" players in NS, which would never ever have a real chance to get some "badges" stand against at max a few dozens of "big farmers" fighting in a closed game among themselves. As Coffin-breathe wrote in an other thread, it would only be a "fair" and "acceptable for everyone" option, if there would be only one card-receiving nation for every player, and everyone started anew without massive accumulated "bank" and "unlimited card space".

I am not sure what is "unfair" about card farming. It's not like card farmers (myself included) have an army of people that each are in charge of managing a puppet and then gift us the proceeds. We have to put in a lot of effort answering issues, opening packs, transferring cards and bank from dozens of puppets.

What is more, everyone can do it if they choose to invest the time. If you choose not to, that's your choice and it's perfectly fine. But just because you chose not to take advantage of a game mechanic that is open to everyone on equal terms, you cannot go around accusing those that made the opposite choice of being unfair. (I'm not even going to touch on the term "disgusting" you used...)

One more note here: This is not the only aspect of the game where players can benefit from having a lot of puppets. R/D is another example, and so is issues answering (this has been diminished with the emergence of detailed tables of issue effects). In all of these cases, players can decide whether they are willing to make the time investment to take advantage of the opportunities multiple puppets afford them. If they make the time investment, they reap the benefits. If not, then they lose these benefits, but save themselves a lot of time.

Tarockanien wrote:And more than this, there should not be a competition of "amass-collections", but of "themed collections", which imo distinguishes "real collections (those where someone really has his heart and interest in)" from simple "big amassings of similar cards from a bunch of farms and calling it a collection" only on reason of "because I can". I´d say, the best, and/or most original and creative collections go mainly unnoticed, because their owners don´t brag about; they don´t have to, because they collect for their own purpose and desire, not for "big show-offs".

I am not sure what collections have to do with my proposal, as collections do not factor into the rankings and trophies I proposed.

That said, I'd definitely be in favor of some mechanism for highlighting exceptional collections. Ponderosa has already started such an effort, by maintaining the collection thread in the cards forum (where you'll notice, by the way, that many of the most unique collections belong to players who engage in card farming).

If we could also have some game mechanism for highlighting collections, I'd be all for that. But that is a separate suggestion altogether.



I really hope the admins will consider this suggestion. Trading Cards is an emerging game feature that hundreds of nations participate in. It offers a lot of opportunities for regional development and interfacing with other aspects of the game. Recognizing it with rankings and trophies, as we do with pretty much every other aspect of the game, would help bring some well-deserved attention to these opportunities.
Last edited by The Northern Light on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Giant Baba
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Giant Baba » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Tarockanien wrote:And more than this, there should not be a competition of "amass-collections", but of "themed collections", which imo distinguishes "real collections (those where someone really has his heart and interest in)" from simple "big amassings of similar cards from a bunch of farms and calling it a collection" only on reason of "because I can". I´d say, the best, and/or most original and creative collections go mainly unnoticed, because their owners don´t brag about; they don´t have to, because they collect for their own purpose and desire, not for "big show-offs".


Very interesting. Question: if these theme collectors that you speak of are characterized by having 'real interest and heart' and collect 'for their own purpose and desire', wouldn't the very idea of featuring such players in some form of competitive arena contradict their game play intentions? Wouldn't we run the risk of using subjective criteria to create a new generation of 'big cheeses' and 'big show offs'? Worse yet, sans the ability of an objective measurement to make evaluations on 'themes' when the number of cards isn't among the criteria, how could any ranking escape being merely a collection of prejudices and biases toward certain theme concepts, while being against others?

User avatar
Giant Baba
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Giant Baba » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm

The Northern Light wrote:Hi,

I'd like to suggest that deck value is added as a category that confers a world ranking, as well as regional and national trophies.

We already have rankings and trophies for several very disparate aspects of the game, ranging from various gameplay mechanics (population, residency, endorsements, influence), to all sorts of statistics based on issues and WA votes.

Given that trading cards are now an full-fledged part of the game (important enough to have their own section in the FAQ), I think it would make sense to add rankings and trophies based on deck values. All nations have a deck value, whether they participate in the cards game or not---same as how all nations have endorsements, and associated rankings and trophies, whether they participate in the WA game or not.

Having rankings and trophies based on card value would help promote participation to the cards subgame, and it would also help provide recognition to those who excel at it.

Additionally, regional rankings and trophies would help bring some regional-level activity to the cards subgame, e.g., regions encouraging their nations to get involved in order to boost the regional ranking.

Thanks,
TNL.


A capital idea TNL. Well stated from start to finish, I would love to see this come to pass. :)

User avatar
Elegarth
Envoy
 
Posts: 247
Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Elegarth » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:13 pm

I also support this idea
Former Dragon Delegarth of The West Pacific
Former Dragon Guardian of The West Pacific
Former Senator of the Pacific
Former Regent of the Pacific
Honorary Member of the apparently ever-present and never-ending Empire

User avatar
Catsfern
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Catsfern » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Toerana wrote:I entirely agree. Anyone with more than 1 nation should get all their nations DEAT'd as there is a risk of cards being played on more than one account.

In all seriousness Card farming takes an immense amount of time if you do it a lot and can reap very little about points. People do it for their own wealth - but that's why people buy and sell cards. For money, value, to collect impressive collections and more. This rewards player who put a lot of time into the sub game as at the end of the day if the Administration team chose to all the work could vanish.



I mean i used to have 32 card funneling puppets to support an operation to collect 100 copies of my own nations card, but those nations are no longer in service because my goal has been achieved
I use NS stats that applies to everyone no exceptions, for details telegram me or don't and NO we are not a nation of cats
WIP wiki here https://catsfern.fandom.com/wiki/Catsfern_WikiWIKI ALWAYS UPDATING!Most recent page: Military
ASK ME ANYTHING HERE https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=464664
100 COPIES OF MY OWN NATIONS CARD! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=240
Catsfernian Newspaper! (new edition every Sunday / edition 5 out now) https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CywWf8K6aSGbr63zhtnrIHsl4Y3X-mLVO2xOiUemro/edit?usp=sharing
My thoughts on NS stats https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1255156

User avatar
Aclion
Senator
 
Posts: 4300
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:32 pm

The Northern Light wrote:
Tarockanien wrote:When looking at the nations posting so far, I´d say, it´s rather self-explaining why I (and I assume, most of the other "single nation" or "small" players) won´t be to "amused" if the "card game" shows any repercussions in the NS-game other than being listed (ranked) as it´s done at the moment.

I am not sure what repercussions you are talking about. Nations that don't want to participate in the cards game will... just not have a trophy that they already don't have. It will basically have zero effect on them.

It is no different than the existing trophy for endorsements: If a nation decides they want to stay out of the WA, they just don't get a trophy for endorsements, a trophy they didn't have to begin with. So, they are not affected by the existence of the trophy whatsoever.

The difference is that this is something that can be achieved legally through scripts. Unlike other trophies that either can't, or for which scripts add little if any advantage.

Giant Baba wrote:
Tarockanien wrote:And more than this, there should not be a competition of "amass-collections", but of "themed collections", which imo distinguishes "real collections (those where someone really has his heart and interest in)" from simple "big amassings of similar cards from a bunch of farms and calling it a collection" only on reason of "because I can". I´d say, the best, and/or most original and creative collections go mainly unnoticed, because their owners don´t brag about; they don´t have to, because they collect for their own purpose and desire, not for "big show-offs".


Very interesting. Question: if these theme collectors that you speak of are characterized by having 'real interest and heart' and collect 'for their own purpose and desire', wouldn't the very idea of featuring such players in some form of competitive arena contradict their game play intentions? Wouldn't we run the risk of using subjective criteria to create a new generation of 'big cheeses' and 'big show offs'? Worse yet, sans the ability of an objective measurement to make evaluations on 'themes' when the number of cards isn't among the criteria, how could any ranking escape being merely a collection of prejudices and biases toward certain theme concepts, while being against others?

Which is why success in the card game should remain open ended. I'd be far more appreciative of something that supports that then something that supports the least personal form of card collection.
Last edited by Aclion on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO Knight
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
The Northern Light
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Northern Light » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Aclion wrote:The difference is that this is something that can be achieved legally through scripts. Unlike other trophies that either can't, or for which scripts add little if any advantage.

This is incorrect, for two reasons.

First, it is not possible to (legally) automate card farming. The reason is that issues answered by scripts do not generate new cards. You have to answer them manually to be able to generate cards. I use italics because there are tools for accelerating issue answering, e.g., using NS++ to make switching faster, or using key-binding scripts. While these tools make card farming somewhat easier, the fact remains that the only way to take advantage of card farming is through copious amounts of tedious manual effort.

Second, it is possible to legally completely automate issue answering, and thus management of national statistics. Therefore, if someone wants to aim for trophies based on national stats, they can do so legally in a completely automated way, without any manual input. Given this, it is existing trophies based on stats that benefit the most from scripts, and not the trophies I am proposing here.

Aclion wrote:Which is why success in the card game should remain open ended. I'd be far more appreciative of something that supports that then something that supports the least personal form of card collection.

The introduction of trophies related to deck value would not mean that this is the only way to succeed in the cards game. Success would remain just as open-ended as it is now. I do agree that it would be nice to have means to support other aspects of the game. But those are complementary to, rather than competitive with, what I am proposing.

To give an existing example: We rank regions, and give them trophies, based on their population. That doesn't mean that this is the only way for a region to be successful. As a matter of fact, we have the "Featured region" mechanism exactly as a means to additionally promote other regions that succeed in different ways (e.g., themed WFEs, and so on).
Last edited by The Northern Light on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Praeceps
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Praeceps » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:04 pm

Players work hard on amassing their card deck.

It would be nice to be able to compare my deck value to others in my region more easily. I support this idea. :)
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

User avatar
Destructive Government Economic System
Minister
 
Posts: 3076
Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Provided that admins have time to spare, I'd also be interested in seeing this added.

It'd be like endorsements: a ranking not generated by answering issues, but by doing something completely different, and, taking inspiration from Bormiar's condemnation, we could even refer to the deck value badge as "highest national art value" if said badge needs to be slightly more related to a country-based stat.
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.


ALSO, READ THIS!

User avatar
Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 19411
Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:17 am

The Northern Light wrote:First, it is not possible to (legally) automate card farming. The reason is that issues answered by scripts do not generate new cards. You have to answer them manually to be able to generate cards. I use italics because there are tools for accelerating issue answering, e.g., using NS++ to make switching faster, or using key-binding scripts. While these tools make card farming somewhat easier, the fact remains that the only way to take advantage of card farming is through copious amounts of tedious manual effort.


Huh, I did not know that. So Koem Kab got his collection the hard way, manually answering issues on a multitude of nations?

Seems almost unbelievable.

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23855
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:44 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Seems almost unbelievable.

Speaking as another player who spends entirely too much time manually answering issues, I can assure you that it's entirely believable. I don't imagine we spend a lot of time reading your team's fine work, but you can scroll and click without paying a ton of attention if you don't care about the outcomes.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53763
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:43 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Seems almost unbelievable.

Speaking as another player who spends entirely too much time manually answering issues, I can assure you that it's entirely believable. I don't imagine we spend a lot of time reading your team's fine work, but you can scroll and click without paying a ton of attention if you don't care about the outcomes.


The image of lab rats pushing the button to get some cheese comes vividly to my mind now :blush:
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
The Northern Light
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Northern Light » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:40 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
The Northern Light wrote:First, it is not possible to (legally) automate card farming. The reason is that issues answered by scripts do not generate new cards. You have to answer them manually to be able to generate cards. I use italics because there are tools for accelerating issue answering, e.g., using NS++ to make switching faster, or using key-binding scripts. While these tools make card farming somewhat easier, the fact remains that the only way to take advantage of card farming is through copious amounts of tedious manual effort.


Huh, I did not know that. So Koem Kab got his collection the hard way, manually answering issues on a multitude of nations?

Seems almost unbelievable.

Yep, see here for admin confirmation.

As a matter of fact, the OP in the thread is one of my own card farming puppets. As soon as cards returned, I rushed to create a farm with an issue-answering API script. Much to my disappointment (I guess delight in retrospect), I realized that it'd have to be done the hard, manual way.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads