NATION

PASSWORD

What are the numbers behind RIRs?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zex Mafia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

What are the numbers behind RIRs?

Postby Zex Mafia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 am

So I know the general idea of Regional Influence Ranks of nations. Your rank is dependent on the influence of every other nation. However, I’d like to know how your influence is dependent (BECAUSE I LIKE NUMBERS AND MATH!). I at first thought it was the average of everyone’s influence and then how much bigger your influence was, however, this seems sort of inconclusive. That’s because, currently I have a RIR of “Power” in my region with an influence of 356. However, the average influence is 246, my influence is only 1.44 times higher than that average. It’s possible that’s how it all works but I’d like to know the specific ranges of the RIRs.

ps. If this is something confidential or some other matter, I completely understand if I shouldn’t know.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Zex Mafia wrote:So I know the general idea of Regional Influence Ranks of nations. Your rank is dependent on the influence of every other nation. However, I’d like to know how your influence is dependent (BECAUSE I LIKE NUMBERS AND MATH!). I at first thought it was the average of everyone’s influence and then how much bigger your influence was, however, this seems sort of inconclusive. That’s because, currently I have a RIR of “Power” in my region with an influence of 356. However, the average influence is 246, my influence is only 1.44 times higher than that average. It’s possible that’s how it all works but I’d like to know the specific ranges of the RIRs.

ps. If this is something confidential or some other matter, I completely understand if I shouldn’t know.

I forget where the post where someone worked it out exactly is (and am too tired to search), but if I recall it is based on what % of the total influence in the region you have.

Also, the influence stat we see isn’t completely accurate because it totals our influence in all regions. So if someone has moved around and their influence in other regions hasn’t decayed to 0, the star will be reflecting that influence as well.

Return to Technical