NATION

PASSWORD

[Q]Tagging recruitment telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Q]Tagging recruitment telegrams

Postby Kaystein » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 pm

My question is something simple: If I'm sending out a recruitment telegram, what tags do I put into the recipient box of the telegram so it's only sent to nations in ONE region, or only a group of regions like the sinker regions? Like I only want to know what Im supposed to write so I only send recruitment telegrams to new nations or WA nations in GCRs without sending recruitment telegrams to every other new or WA nation in UCRs already. (Sorry GCRs, just want those new members). Further, can I tag the telegram so it recruits like the newest 500 nations, but only if they joined the WA?

21st Century Rome
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Rome » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:20 pm

To send a telegram to one region, for example The Pacific:
region:The Pacific
I don't know of a way to send it to a feeder or sinker region except manually listing them.
If you want new nations in the feeders
tag:new1000
For refounded nations:
tag:refounded1000
If you wanted to send it to all WA nations in The Pacific, for example (not just new ones):
region:The Pacific +tag:WA

As far as I know there's no way to only target WA nations using stamps, but with a custom API script, it should be pretty doable.

Also, don't forget to mark it as a recruitment telegram! *sweats forgetfully*
Last edited by 21st Century Rome on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

(SPQR)
For: The Kentucky Department of Education, DS9, CS, XKCD, Rome
Against: MacOS, Google, Adolf Hitler, Trolls, Cheese, Discord Bots that talk without being asked
Enjoys telegrams from friendly people, feel free to send me some. Can be one or more of above topics, or not.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm

21st Century Rome wrote:To send a telegram to one region, for example The Pacific:
I don't know of a way to send it to a feeder or sinker region except manually listing them.
For refounded nations:
If you wanted to send it to all WA nations in The Pacific, for example (not just new ones):

As far as I know there's no way to only target WA nations using stamps, but with a custom API script, it should be pretty doable.

tag:wa on its own works
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

21st Century Rome
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Rome » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
21st Century Rome wrote:To send a telegram to one region, for example The Pacific:
For refounded nations:

tag:wa on its own works

tag:wa on its own sends it to all WA nations, in GCRs and UCRs alike.

(SPQR)
Against: MacOS, Google, Adolf Hitler, Trolls, Cheese, Discord Bots that talk without being asked
Enjoys telegrams from friendly people, feel free to send me some. Can be one or more of above topics, or not.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:01 pm

21st Century Rome wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:tag:wa on its own works

tag:wa on its own sends it to all WA nations, in GCRs and UCRs alike.

Replying to your second point
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

21st Century Rome
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Rome » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
21st Century Rome wrote:tag:wa on its own sends it to all WA nations, in GCRs and UCRs alike.

Replying to your second point

Ah, I meant I don't know of a way to only target new WA nations.

(SPQR)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:56 pm

21st Century Rome wrote:I don't know of a way to only target new WA nations.

There's no way to target only new WAs, because there's no such thing. New and refounded nations come out of the gate without WA membership. Any telegram sent to [tag:new
tag:WA]
will sit idle forever, as there cannot be any nations that meet those criteria.

If there was a way to hit nations as they joined the WA, you'd waste most of your stamps on raider and defender switchers.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 pm

For refounded nations:

Great, thank you! That was very helpful to me.

Another question. Is there a hard limit to the number of tags I can add? A character limit perhaps?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical