NATION

PASSWORD

Suggestion: Block Card Telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Suggestion: Block Card Telegrams

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Create a setting that:
a) Requires a nation, when telegramming another nation for a card they want, to label it as a "card" telegram.
b) Allows a nation to block any telegram that is labelled as a card telegram.

I find these telegrams highly annoying.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:27 pm

I agree I know when I send TGs about them I am polite however many players are a little more harsh about it as agree with OP this would be nice.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Even when the people asking for cards are not pushy or rude, I can understand just not wanting these TGs. I think pretty much anyone that has any cards to speak of gets these.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:04 pm

I acknowledge that, yes, the people sending the TG's are not pushy or rude typically, but when you are managing a couple threads in a RP forum, you get a lot of telegrams and can hit that 20 number awfully quickly. Useless TG's saying, "I will give you .10 for a card" are nothing but spam in my eyes.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Support but it likely increase mod workload

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 pm

While I see the value of the suggestion, it's fundamentally different from our other TG blocks. They're all related to mass mailings of one sort or another. This one would be blocking individual messages. I can't see card collectors taking the time to accurately mark all their begging telegrams, so in some senses it's just not practical to expect it to work. It's one thing to block mass spam. It's an entirely different thing to code something for "don't talk to me about [thing I don't like talking about]".

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:Support but it likely increase mod workload

We don't spend a massive amount of time on mass telegram warnings. We maybe did at the start, but people quickly got in the correct habits. If it helps game balance (and I don't think this one does), we'll manage.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:17 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:While I see the value of the suggestion, it's fundamentally different from our other TG blocks. They're all related to mass mailings of one sort or another. This one would be blocking individual messages. I can't see card collectors taking the time to accurately mark all their begging telegrams, so in some senses it's just not practical to expect it to work. It's one thing to block mass spam. It's an entirely different thing to code something for "don't talk to me about [thing I don't like talking about]".

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:Support but it likely increase mod workload

We don't spend a massive amount of time on mass telegram warnings. We maybe did at the start, but people quickly got in the correct habits. If it helps game balance (and I don't think this one does), we'll manage.

Recruiters have gotten the message, why wouldn't card collectors?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical