NATION

PASSWORD

Cooldown effect with multiple copies of card

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Woryand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Cooldown effect with multiple copies of card

Postby Woryand » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Hello --

I just bought a second copy of the card August (https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... 0/season=1); however, when I went to post an ask of 6.00, it still told me that a cooldown was in effect, despite me having another copy of the card for nearly a month.

Is there any chance someone could verify and fix this bug?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm

I don't think it's a bug. I think it's intentional. If you were a participant (or maybe just the winner) in the auction, you can't post an Ask for 3 minutes, regardless of how many copies you might have.

You can post Bids immediately.

Woryand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woryand » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:14 pm

I'm wondering why it's intentional, though -- shouldn't the 'three minute countdown' just be to stop immediate flipping of a card?

Nullarni
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Isn't that exactly what you are trying to do, though? You bought a card and you are immediately trying to sell the same card, which is what the cooldown timer is meant to stop. The fact that you have a second copy is only a minor detail.
Proud founder of the NEW WARSAW PACT. Visitors welcome.

Return to Technical