NATION

PASSWORD

Faulty Tracking of Easter Eggs?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Steam and Clockwork
Secretary

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Faulty Tracking of Easter Eggs?

Postby Steam and Clockwork » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 am

Just now, I received another "Easter Egg" issue, and after answering I looked at my "Activity" feed because it had only been a couple days since my last one. I noticed that both instances notifying me that I had found a new easter egg declared that it was the same number:

9 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Steam and Clockwork, young girls who ask their parents for a pony are routinely lobotomised (Steam and Clockwork has found 7 easter eggs).

3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Steam and Clockwork, several universities in Steam and Clockwork have assembled expensive research teams to explore and study new lands and old ruins (Steam and Clockwork has found 7 easter eggs).

The count on my main page also states "7" to be the number.

Now, it may just be that the Activity Feed was incorrect last time, and that it had miscounted by one. I do not remember what the official count on my main page said 3 days ago. But I have noticed this same discrepancy previously, on another nation months ago, so I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case it is actually not counting some when it should, and is a sign that something greater is wrong.

Thank you for your time

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 am

When you answer another easter egg, the old effect lines are retroactively updated.

The "study new lands and old ruins" line was your 6th easter egg when you answered it, and would almost certainly have said so, but the actual text is generated when you look at the page, so it's displayed according to what your count is now.

Steam and Clockwork
Secretary

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Steam and Clockwork » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am

Oh, I see...very interesting. I did not know that was how it functioned. So the counter is a sort of constant that updates the previous mentions, too.

Well, thanks for explaining that. Glad nothing is wrong.

Return to Technical