NATION

PASSWORD

(Q) Name-Related Question

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

(Q) Name-Related Question

Postby Likar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi,

I would like to bring up a scenario.

Lets say there are 2 nations. Nation A CTE'd over his name limit, and Nation B used the same name as nation A. What would happen if Nation A was re founded?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

New Legland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Legland » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 pm

I think they wouldn't be able to be refounded

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:06 pm

If Nation A ceased to exist with greater than 500 million people, Nation B with the same name couldn't be created. Reaching 500 million gets you permanent name reservation.

If Nation A ceased to exist with less than 500 million and the name was reused by Nation B, Nation A could not be refounded as nations are identified by their name only.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:20 am

Ghost Land wrote:Nation A could not be refounded as nations are identified by their name only.

Close, but not quite correct.

Dead (archived) nations can have multiple versions: Examplestan~0, Examplestan~1, Examplestan~2. However, once a nation name has been reused, those older archived versions are maintained only for mod/admin record keeping purposes. The original owner(s) can't refound, even if the newer version CTEs at less than 500 million.

Return to Technical