NATION

PASSWORD

Not Getting the Right Boost

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Laprein
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Not Getting the Right Boost

Postby Laprein » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:37 am

I did Issue #952 Why the Long Face? and one of the results I got was that my retail went up 23,850%. When I looked at the rank I had afterward, it hadn't changed at all and when I click on it, the line trend had went down instead of up. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I'm really confused on how this happened.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm

You answered 4 issues today. Two of them made your Industry Retail drop from over 919 to -2. One did nothing to retail. The last one bumped you back up from -2 to 562. That explains the absurdly high % change and the fact that it was still a downward trend overall. You are still down from where you started at the beginning of the day.

For future questions about issue effects, please use the Megathread in Got Issues? here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424650

I'd also recommend turning on detailed stats in Settings so you can get a better picture behind the percentages. Sometimes they can get ridiculously high if the starting point is close to 0 which is not representative of the overall change.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Laprein
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Laprein » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:37 pm

Luna Amore wrote:You answered 4 issues today. Two of them made your Industry Retail drop from over 919 to -2. One did nothing to retail. The last one bumped you back up from -2 to 562. That explains the absurdly high % change and the fact that it was still a downward trend overall. You are still down from where you started at the beginning of the day.

For future questions about issue effects, please use the Megathread in Got Issues? here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424650

I'd also recommend turning on detailed stats in Settings so you can get a better picture behind the percentages. Sometimes they can get ridiculously high if the starting point is close to 0 which is not representative of the overall change.

Thank you so much for the help! Retail isn't one of my main priorities, so I didn't even think of what the other issues I did affected my results beforehand; it makes so much more sense now. Thanks again!

Return to Technical