NATION

PASSWORD

Is there no way to delete old forum posts?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Kiosanda
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Is there no way to delete old forum posts?

Postby Kiosanda » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:25 pm

Just wondering. A few years back, I was a liberal, and therefore an anti-communist. Now I'm a communist, the real kind, and one of my prior posts reflect that.

Would rather not have that there anymore, for obvious reasons.

Can't even edit it, let alone delete it. Any thoughts? Is this on my end, or is there really no option to delete posts?

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Once there's a post after your post, you can no longer delete it. If the thread isn't locked, you should be able to edit out the content, though it will still be preserved if anyone quoted it.

But really, it's not unusual for your beliefs to change over time. There's no real problem with having those outdated posts in your history. Most people won't go back and read them anyway.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Return to Technical