NATION

PASSWORD

Inconsistent Capitalization on WA Page

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Goldwater
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Inconsistent Capitalization on WA Page

Postby Goldwater » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:10 pm

If the link/title on the actual resolution appears with the first letter of each word capitalized (here) then why doesn't it do so on this screen?
Minor deal, I know, but thought I'd note it here.

Fecaw
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fecaw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 pm

The screen there shows the resolution title as it was entered, but only the list of resolutions automatically capitalizes them.

Goldwater
Secretary

Corporate Bordello

Postby Goldwater » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Fecaw wrote:The screen there shows the resolution title as it was entered, but only the list of resolutions automatically capitalizes them.

And, this is a forum post.

Not really a mystery what is happening, but thanks I guess.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Beyond the massive use of blackletter when Roman type would have done just fine, this is the actually most annoying part of the WA overhaul: that titles are hidden from you when you type them in. The auto-capitalisation, in my opinion, should be removed.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Goldwater
Secretary

Corporate Bordello

Postby Goldwater » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Beyond the massive use of blackletter when Roman type would have done just fine, this is the actually most annoying part of the WA overhaul: that titles are hidden from you when you type them in. The auto-capitalisation, in my opinion, should be removed.
That'd be an option too, I guess. I don't mind the auto-capitalization for the most part, but if you have it on the Resolution screen itself you should use it everywhere to be consistent. It also looks bad when the nation pages say:
@@NATION@@ voted for the World Assembly Resolution "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities".

Return to Technical