NATION

PASSWORD

[Question] Regarding Leading Cause of Death

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

[Question] Regarding Leading Cause of Death

Postby Goldsaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:49 am

So, short version, my question: What are the underlying causes of "Suicide in Police Custody?"

Some background:
One of my leading causes of death is Suicide in Police Custody, presumably a euphemism for "murdered by cops, with no legal ramifications." It is only .1% of my total causes of death (the rest of which make total sense with my nation's policies and other statistics) but it has been fairly tenacious, having been there for over a year. I was wondering if someone could shed some light about what calculations go into determining this CoD.

I'm more curious than concerned, but I do think it's strange; I have the No Prisons policy, very low levels of crime (1.48 crimes per hour), and moderately large law enforcement (top 15% of the world). I could only speculate what other statistics might affect this, but I have next to no corruption, low authoritarianism, and very high safety. Is there some interaction of factors causing this, or some invisible stat determining it?
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:40 pm

It doesn't appear to be directly related to police spending in the manner that 'disappearance' is presumably with corruption, or 'murder' with crime; many of the top 10 spenders on law and order have no deaths attributed to this cause.
I would presume that it is related in some manner to the powers delegated to law enforcement, with no clear parent stats.

The short answer is that nobody besides the administrators really know how any of the causes of death are calculated with much certainty.

Return to Technical