NATION

PASSWORD

Mysteriously Rankings

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Crane
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Mysteriously Rankings

Postby The Crane » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:14 pm

So when you look down at my ranks on the overview page. I see this mining thing. I have seen nations with eggs and stars and i’m wondering what they are.
I Like Red Seedless Grapes

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm

The Crane wrote:So when you look down at my ranks on the overview page. I see this mining thing. I have seen nations with eggs and stars and i’m wondering what they are.

I believe the egg means they got a certain issue. I also no that their is one for moderation andand making a region. I guess to find out, try to copy it, it should have the name of what it’s for
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm not immediately sure what the star is, but the egg is an indication that the user has successfully found at least one of several hidden NS Easter Eggs.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

The Crane
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Crane » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Idzequitch wrote:I'm not immediately sure what the star is, but the egg is an indication that the user has successfully found at least one of several hidden NS Easter Eggs.

The mining one is probably found a region because I looked at region founders and they all had it
I Like Red Seedless Grapes

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm

The Crane wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I'm not immediately sure what the star is, but the egg is an indication that the user has successfully found at least one of several hidden NS Easter Eggs.

The mining one is probably found a region because I looked at region founders and they all had it

Correct. The crossed shovel and pickaxe is given to founders of regions.

Most of the others are based on World Census Rankings. Such as being in the top 5% of NS/your region for pacifism, or top 1% for average lifespan, etc.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 pm

link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=news/2016/index.html

Precision is Progress
by Max Barry
Mon, 14 Mar 2016

Improved sensitivity in testing methodologies and instrumentation has allowed the World Census to begin measuring Civil Rights, Economy, Economic Freedom, and Political Freedom to a precision of two decimal places! You may notice a slight bump or dip on each scale as a result.
World Census Update
by Max Barry
Thu, 03 Mar 2016
Got a quick note from the World Census. They're pleased with how the rankings are tracking, although we should expect some minor adjustments as they refine their algorithms over the next few weeks, apparently.
There's also a new ranking, Residency, which tracks how long nations have been in their current region. A lot of the older data for this was scraped together by interns with flashlights from the World Census basement, so it's basically the best they could do before the razor-toothed basement rats were drawn to the smell of human flesh.
Also: 150,000 active nations! This is the most in world history.
Fragile February
by Max Barry
Sun, 28 Feb 2016
Service will be interrupted at approximately 6:30pm PST / 9:30pm EST / 2:30am GMT / 1:30pm AEDT today as we roll out the threatened updates.
For details on what's changing, browse down the News page! But here are your Top 2 Need-To-Knows:
Trophy Format
Trophies will look like this:
No trophy
Top 10%
Top 5%
Top 1%
If you're ranked #1, the trophy will also have a border. For example, the top-ranked nation in a region of 15 nations will have a green trophy with a border, signifying that it's #1 as well as being in the top 10%.
Issue Confirmation
Issues will pass immediately when you select an option. If that sounds a little too accident-prone to you, you can avoid sparking a revolution by mistake by visiting the Issues section of your Settings (after the update) and enabling "Require confirmation before passing legislation." You will then be prompted to confirm each issue choice before it is enacted.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Return to Technical