NATION

PASSWORD

Article gone

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Petroslovania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Article gone

Postby Petroslovania » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm

I was writing an article in the forums, I had previewed it multiple times, but then I get up for 10 minutes and my brother closes the tab to watch Fortnite on YouTube. Is there any possibility I could access this, because the article I wrote was very important to the future of my nation.

Badassistanian
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Badassistanian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Maybe don't share your computer with a 10 yr old...

But anyways, you might check to see if it saved as a draft somehow

Eilodon
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eilodon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Badassistanian wrote:Maybe don't share your computer with a 10 yr old...

But anyways, you might check to see if it saved as a draft somehow

Yea basically this^^^

Lipnitia2
Secretary

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lipnitia2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Right click menu bar, reopen closed tab, it might still be there
=== Republic of Lipnitia | Народовладство Липнитска ===
Freedom or death | Свобода или смєрть

Boreal Light
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Boreal Light » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:23 pm

This doesn't help your present problem, but for the future and for anyone else reading this:

I always write anything first in a word processor, whether for this site or for any other. The major ones will save drafts automatically, and if there's a crash, it can usually be recovered. And it's an easy copy and paste into whatever window you wish.

Petroslovania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Petroslovania » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Boreal Light wrote:This doesn't help your present problem, but for the future and for anyone else reading this:

I always write anything first in a word processor, whether for this site or for any other. The major ones will save drafts automatically, and if there's a crash, it can usually be recovered. And it's an easy copy and paste into whatever window you wish.

Thank You for the help

Eilodon
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eilodon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Petroslovania wrote:
Boreal Light wrote:This doesn't help your present problem, but for the future and for anyone else reading this:

Thank You for the help

Google docs works wonders do. It automatically saves to your google account and the cloud after every action. I can literally type two pages, alt f4, hit the power button, then immediately turn it back on and log back in, boom my whole document will be there untouched.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical