NATION

PASSWORD

What are embassies

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Crane
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

What are embassies

Postby The Crane » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Sorry for the noob question but I don’t know so can you explain it to me.
I Like Red Seedless Grapes

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:44 pm

Embassies are a diplomatic connection with another nation showing friendly or close relations to each other. Usually the terms might include trade, culture non aggression pacts, military cooperation or some other show of mutual interest.

In closer detail ambassadors represent each nation to the represented nation who usually try to ensure relationships are good. He usually has his own physical embassy or consulate established where they do diplomatic work and all the jurisdictions in that physical embassy belong to the home country of the ambassador and not the host country where the embassy is located
Last edited by Cosmopolitan borovan on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:51 pm

The Crane wrote:Sorry for the noob question but I don’t know so can you explain it to me.

In the game, an embassy is used to link one region to another so that members of both regions can post on the Regional Message Board (RMB) of each other's regions.

For example:

The East Pacific establishing an embassy with Region X allows TEP'ers and X'ers to post on the other's RMB, with a little link to their home region in the corner of their post signaling that they're posting from that region.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Klorgia1
Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:59 pm

As said above, embassies are a way regions (one of the two types of inter-nation governments on NS) can communicate with each other on their regional message board, where Nations from that region can talk to each other. If you have an embassy with another region, you can post on their message board, thereby increasing communication between regions (and usually making both regions funner overall). It's a great way to increase diplomacy with other regions without much commitment, and doesn't force anything on either party other then 'free posting' in their RMB. It has no commitments of defense or anything, either in game or in NS culture, and there are multiple regions which model themselves as inter-regional message boards.

Embassies take some time to create and destroy, and all accepted or declined offers are seen by everyone looking at a region in their main page.
News: This Sig Still Exists.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:30 am

Actually, the right to post on RMBs of regions with which yours has embassies isn't automatic: Regional Administration can be set to allow this from all nations involved, only from regional officers, (maybe also 'only from founders and delegates'?), or maybe even [still] from nobody outside the region itself.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Crane
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Crane » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:47 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:
The Crane wrote:Sorry for the noob question but I don’t know so can you explain it to me.

In the game, an embassy is used to link one region to another so that members of both regions can post on the Regional Message Board (RMB) of each other's regions.

For example:

The East Pacific establishing an embassy with Region X allows TEP'ers and X'ers to post on the other's RMB, with a little link to their home region in the corner of their post signaling that they're posting from that region.

Ohhhhhh thanks
I Like Red Seedless Grapes

Return to Technical