NATION

PASSWORD

not getting TGs?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Scottiesland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

not getting TGs?

Postby Scottiesland » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm

I've had a few notices of telegrams yet they arent in my inbox.
____ Muhammad Musa | They/Them | 21 ____
Taskmaster in The Brotherhood of Malice, Outside World Manager
Duke of Eprom, Marquis of Kammara, Earl of Upper Strathia, Lord-Mayor of Zelva, Seneschal and Monarch-Emeritus, Commander of the Order of the Crown of Sildoria in Sildoria

Scottiesland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Scottiesland » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:02 pm

quick update: It seems the only TGs that didnt send were from Topid and Perg... was it the tag then? I dont have any tags/people blocked though. But I seemed to receive a TG from a nation a moment ago just fine.
Duke of Eprom, Marquis of Kammara, Earl of Upper Strathia, Lord-Mayor of Zelva, Seneschal and Monarch-Emeritus, Commander of the Order of the Crown of Sildoria in Sildoria

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:04 pm

Scottiesland wrote:quick update: It seems the only TGs that didnt send were from Topid and Perg... was it the tag then? I dont have any tags/people blocked though. But I seemed to receive a TG from a nation a moment ago just fine.

Do you have 20 telegrams in your inbox? It could be that your inbox was simply too full to hold said telegrams.

Scottiesland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Scottiesland » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:41 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Scottiesland wrote:quick update: It seems the only TGs that didnt send were from Topid and Perg... was it the tag then? I dont have any tags/people blocked though. But I seemed to receive a TG from a nation a moment ago just fine.

Do you have 20 telegrams in your inbox? It could be that your inbox was simply too full to hold said telegrams.

I do, but the two ones that were gone were AFTER the 20 I already had, it would have deleted the bottom ones not the new ones on top

Khasamir
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Khasamir » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Check your preferences. Were the telegrams WA official or anything like that?

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Scottiesland wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Do you have 20 telegrams in your inbox? It could be that your inbox was simply too full to hold said telegrams.

I do, but the two ones that were gone were AFTER the 20 I already had, it would have deleted the bottom ones not the new ones on top

I'm well aware that is how it normally works, but it does not always work like that. When I have twenty telegrams in my inbox, I get the same problem that you have. I recommend deleting some telegrams that you don't need, or archiving some of them to free up inbox space.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm

This happened to a LOT of people we TGed. Can't speak for Perg but I was blown up with people saying they had a notice for a TG but the TG was removed from their inbox before they looked at it. I believe a normal account should delete oldest first, but "recruitment" marked TGs are deleted before anything. Both of these TGs were those. But that deleting should only happen on next log out based on the text I have seen on my screen on alt accounts. It usually says something like "you've got more than 20, the extras will be deleted when you log out" and it shows them all to you.

Not sure what caused so many people to say they got the notice, but the TG was gone when they looked.

Secondary Q, and more a Q for the mods. When that happens and the nation asks you to send them a copy of what you sent, is it legal to do so? The game won't do so if you mark it at recruitment, it'll block it for "too recent recruitment". I did send a couple (two) people a copy when they asked for it as a direct reply to their message when they asked. That was before I realized they were only seeing the notice and hadn't seen the TG at all when they asked. So maybe a self confession, you can look at my sent messages to see I only did it twice before I caught on. It is very confusing when you're flooded with TGs of "send that to me again please, I accidentally deleted it".
AKA Weed

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 pm

I have Postmaster General, and I had a similar issue. So I can at least say it has nothing to do with a full inbox.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Grenartia wrote:I have Postmaster General, and I had a similar issue. So I can at least say it has nothing to do with a full inbox.

Yours says you were blocked by category by me. So maybe that's it? Somehow it blocks the TG but not the notification? What are your settings?
AKA Weed

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical