NATION

PASSWORD

Tried to edit my sig, this came up

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Tried to edit my sig, this came up

Postby Robosia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:44 am

Anyone know what that string of numbers and letters means, and how to fix it? I'm not wasting my time emailing "no_reply@nationstates.net".
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:24 am

Basically, the forum software gets confused by Unicode characters with a codepoint above U+FFFF, such as emojis. There is no workaround other than simply not using those characters.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 am

Trotterdam wrote:Basically, the forum software gets confused by Unicode characters with a codepoint above U+FFFF, such as emojis. There is no workaround other than simply not using those characters.

Ah, thanks for the help.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Return to Technical