NATION

PASSWORD

Renaming countries

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:
Technical FAQ wrote:Can Mods change my nation name?
No, they cannot.

Special characters is still a change of account name, and thus subject to the same "We can't do that because of an unfortunate design decision in 2002." issue as to why we can't change nation names.

its really sad because i want to change my name really badly but its ok i guess
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Safraen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Safraen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:Special characters is still a change of account name, and thus subject to the same "We can't do that because of an unfortunate design decision in 2002." issue as to why we can't change nation names.

You were created on the 7th June 2018. Simply register another nation with the name you want :). You can have as many nations as you like!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:35 am

Galiantus III wrote:Here's an idea just off the top of my head: what if your display name must be a substring of the full name of your nation?

I could imagine that that would cause problems if "ExampleLand" and "Examplelandia" both wanted to shorten themselves to "Example"
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Safraen wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:

You were created on the 7th June 2018. Simply register another nation with the name you want :). You can have as many nations as you like!

Well I don't think I'm gonna do that as it's been nearly a year since I made this nation
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Previous

Return to Technical