NATION

PASSWORD

Issue never arrives

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Eosland
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Issue never arrives

Postby Eosland » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 pm

There have been a couple of instances where an upcoming issue was due to arrive any second, only for the timer to jump back to 5 hours upon the page refreshing, with no new issue present.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Eosland wrote:There have been a couple of instances where an upcoming issue was due to arrive any second, only for the timer to jump back to 5 hours upon the page refreshing, with no new issue present.

Has anyone else experienced this?

No I haven't. Tried the usual fixes, such as logging out, closing browser, clearing cookies and cache, reopening browser and signing in again?
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Eosland
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eosland » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I do most of those things regardless.

This doesn't happen regularly; it happened about a month ago with a former nation of mine, and again just a few hours ago with this one. I'm assuming that it was a glitch in the algorithm, but if that's the case then I'd at least expect a few other people to have experienced something similar.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Eosland wrote:I do most of those things regardless.

This doesn't happen regularly; it happened about a month ago with a former nation of mine, and again just a few hours ago with this one. I'm assuming that it was a glitch in the algorithm, but if that's the case then I'd at least expect a few other people to have experienced something similar.

Then you'll probably have to wait for a member of the technical team to see this thread, but if it as rare as you say it is then it'll be a difficult thing to diagnose.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm showing a steady and timely arrival of issues since you were refounded on Sept 9. You've gotten 3 so far today, then 4 a day for the rest. On the 9th, you dismissed all five held issues and one new one. You've dismissed all but two of them. My guess is that you accidentally dismissed one rather than some problem on our end.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:I'm showing a steady and timely arrival of issues since you were refounded on Sept 9. You've gotten 3 so far today, then 4 a day for the rest. On the 9th, you dismissed all five held issues and one new one. You've dismissed all but two of them. My guess is that you accidentally dismissed one rather than some problem on our end.

You can tell when people get issues and what they do with them?

On topic, I cannot myself reproduce or explain what OP is describing, but I have noticed that on my main nation I have gotten issues a minute earlier than expected (I get one when the timer still says "1 minute" or whatever), and then upon refreshing it displays 6 hours, 1 minute until the next (my issues are set to the standard once every six hours).

Let me also just say that I remember when you could get a maximum of two issues in a day.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Ghost Land wrote:You can tell when people get issues?

Of course! Mods and Issue Editors have any number of special tools for analyzing problems and concerns
Ghost Land wrote:... and what they do with them?

So can you, except when they dismiss them. The tag line gets recorded in the National Happenings.

Ghost Land wrote:I have noticed that on my main nation I have gotten issues a minute earlier than expected

A), We have no way to determine what you consider "your main nation". It's not always the oldest or the WA member.
B), "a minute early" is more likely to be script variance on the visible timer than any genuine bug. You're almost certainly getting the issue itself on schedule.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:You can tell when people get issues?

Of course! Mods and Issue Editors have any number of special tools for analyzing problems and concerns
Ghost Land wrote:... and what they do with them?

So can you, except when they dismiss them. The tag line gets recorded in the National Happenings.

Ghost Land wrote:I have noticed that on my main nation I have gotten issues a minute earlier than expected

A), We have no way to determine what you consider "your main nation". It's not always the oldest or the WA member.
B), "a minute early" is more likely to be script variance on the visible timer than any genuine bug. You're almost certainly getting the issue itself on schedule.

Can you guys see when an issue was received and when an option was picked now?
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Flanderlion wrote:Can you guys see when an issue was received and when an option was picked now?

Not exactly.
  • IEs can see the issue list and date of arrival, as well as identifying which option you chose. The interface is clunky and only shows a few days at a time.
  • Mods can see a week or two of issue numbers and date and time of arrival. We can also see a list of all the issues you've ever received (by number), but not the dates or outcomes. So when you say "I never got the Leader / Capitol / Faith issue", we can prove otherwise.
  • Anyone can see recent National Happenings where issue choices are recorded. I believe those timestamps match when you make your selection. (Not sure as I haven't answered issues in over a decade.)

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:Can you guys see when an issue was received and when an option was picked now?

Not exactly.
  • IEs can see the issue list and date of arrival, as well as identifying which option you chose. The interface is clunky and only shows a few days at a time.
  • Mods can see a week or two of issue numbers and date and time of arrival. We can also see a list of all the issues you've ever received (by number), but not the dates or outcomes. So when you say "I never got the Leader / Capitol / Faith issue", we can prove otherwise.
  • Anyone can see recent National Happenings where issue choices are recorded. I believe those timestamps match when you make your selection. (Not sure as I haven't answered issues in over a decade.)

The IE's getting the list and date of arrival is the change from last time I checked, I vaguely remember it being discussed but didn't think it actually happened (the proper covo probably occurred in the issue editors forum). With the list of all issues, I remember it being mentioned that they could've added the dates and outcomes (and asked for), but obviously that didn't end up turning into reality.
Information
Wishlist

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:28 am

Flanderlion wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Not exactly.

The IE's getting the list and date of arrival is the change from last time I checked, I vaguely remember it being discussed but didn't think it actually happened (the proper covo probably occurred in the issue editors forum). With the list of all issues, I remember it being mentioned that they could've added the dates and outcomes (and asked for), but obviously that didn't end up turning into reality.

IEs can see the numbers of every issue you ever received (in a large list with no date), and we can see every answer you gave to every issue within a certain period of time.

The amount of time we can see is expanding all the time.

Very grateful to the tech-hamsters who keep the systems humming back there.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:38 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:The IE's getting the list and date of arrival is the change from last time I checked, I vaguely remember it being discussed but didn't think it actually happened (the proper covo probably occurred in the issue editors forum). With the list of all issues, I remember it being mentioned that they could've added the dates and outcomes (and asked for), but obviously that didn't end up turning into reality.

IEs can see the numbers of every issue you ever received (in a large list with no date), and we can see every answer you gave to every issue within a certain period of time.

Does the ever-expanding amount of time have timestamps on it though?
Information
Wishlist

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:57 am

Flanderlion wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:IEs can see the numbers of every issue you ever received (in a large list with no date), and we can see every answer you gave to every issue within a certain period of time.

Does the ever-expanding amount of time have timestamps on it though?

IEs can see the date it's answered, and the order they were answered/dismissed in, but there are no timestamps.

The only way IEs get that is -- if it was recent -- checking the national happenings and matching the effect line.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Not exactly.

I can confirm from experience, and the "activity" page shows all of this for up to a week.

My main nation is 60s Music; it's linked in my signature and mentioned on my flag. I wasn't too concerned about issues coming a minute or so early; it was just an observation I made.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical