NATION

PASSWORD

What is the best size for custom banner?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Moraslovania
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

What is the best size for custom banner?

Postby Moraslovania » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm just wondering what is the best size for custom banners so I can make it that size. If it was asked before, I couldn't find it, because search tool is glitched out for me

I'm sorry if:
This has been asked before/ it's asked in the wrong place/ the question is stupid.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:47 pm

The width should be twice as much as the height

Sodoran Alesia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sodoran Alesia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:The width should be twice as much as the height

Really? I always thought with custom banners the width had to be 3 or 4 times the height.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Sodoran Alesia wrote:
Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:The width should be twice as much as the height

Really? I always thought with custom banners the width had to be 3 or 4 times the height.

My mistake it's four.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:30 pm

Most of the NS ones are 1200 x 300. I've also seen 1600 x 400. The main thing is the 4:1 aspect ratio.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:25 pm

This seems better suited for Technical.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:08 am

1:4 is ideal, but just as important you want the subject to be as close to the center(vertical axis) as possible, because that's the part that shows up regardless of screen size. Bonus points if nothing is on the left end, where the flag will cover it.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical