NATION

PASSWORD

Issue not showing stat changes?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Evokice
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Issue not showing stat changes?

Postby Evokice » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:42 am

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forums, or in fact not a bug at all, I don't use forums often)

I just completed an issue (439?), which was about lifting the ban on emigration. I chose lift it, which I think would be a pretty major event, but when I went to see how my stats changed, there was nothing there! I assume this isn't meant to happen.
Grand Monarchy of Evokice
Overview: Factbook
Leader: Grand Monarch Antane IX
Capital: Incafel
Population (not ns population): 250,500,000
Region: Krillin

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:09 am

Evokice wrote:(Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forums, or in fact not a bug at all, I don't use forums often)

I just completed an issue (439?), which was about lifting the ban on emigration. I chose lift it, which I think would be a pretty major event, but when I went to see how my stats changed, there was nothing there! I assume this isn't meant to happen.

For future reference, Got Issues is the best board for issues-related questions. This is the thread you'd go to for unusual issue stat effects.

With stats, your final result is always based on where you begin. Banning emigration often has a huge impact on your citizens' freedoms. But, since then, you have taken other decisions that gave them more civil rights through answering other issues. Once your citizens gain a certain level of civil rights, answering this option can't change anything statistically, besides removing the policy.

You were already at that level.

Nations with fewer civil rights would have seen a massive change by choosing the same option.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Evokice
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evokice » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 am

The Free Joy State wrote:For future reference, Got Issues is the best board for issues-related questions. This is the thread you'd go to for unusual issue stat effects.

With stats, your final result is always based on where you begin. Banning emigration often has a huge impact on your citizens' freedoms. But, since then, you have taken other decisions that gave them more civil rights through answering other issues. Once your citizens gain a certain level of civil rights, answering this option can't change anything statistically, besides removing the policy.

You were already at that level.

Nations with fewer civil rights would have seen a massive change by choosing the same option.

I see, thanks for answering, I thought it'd be something like that.

If I have any problems like this in future I'll use the rgith forum next time, thanks
Grand Monarchy of Evokice
Overview: Factbook
Leader: Grand Monarch Antane IX
Capital: Incafel
Population (not ns population): 250,500,000
Region: Krillin

Return to Technical