NATION

PASSWORD

Issue #995 despite having vat grown citizens

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aristokuvaa
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Issue #995 despite having vat grown citizens

Postby Aristokuvaa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 pm

My nation has the No Sex/vat grown citizens policy, and i just got issue #995 "A Cup Runneth Over" which specifically deals with mothers having biological sex and children to cheat welfare, which doesnt make much sense.

apologies if this is the wrong place to post about this

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 pm

This is the topic you want. You can post your concern/issue there and they'll take a look at it. :)

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Land Without Shrimp wrote:This is the topic you want. You can post your concern/issue there and they'll take a look at it. :)

I think you mean this thread.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 am

Sacara wrote:
Land Without Shrimp wrote:This is the topic you want. You can post your concern/issue there and they'll take a look at it. :)

I think you mean this thread.

Well that's embarrassing!! Thanks for the correction. :)

Aristokuvaa
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Aristokuvaa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:26 am

I considered that thread but thats specifically for spelling and grammar isnt it?

Is this what validities is?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 am

Sacara wrote:I think you mean this thread.

Nope. They were right the first time.

Aristokuvaa wrote:I considered that thread but thats specifically for spelling and grammar isnt it?

The very first line in the first thread linked is
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:This thread is for players to report when issues gave unexpected stat effects.

Issue validities qualify as a stat effect. That's the proper place.

Daynor King
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Daynor King » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Aristokuvaa wrote:I considered that thread but thats specifically for spelling and grammar isnt it?

The very first line in the first thread linked is
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:This thread is for players to report when issues gave unexpected stat effects.

From the other thread:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Please use this thread only for reporting visible objective errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation and for suspected problems with validities, macros and the like.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am

More straightforwardly: use the "help us fix old issues" thread for stuff that's visibly wrong before you answer the issue. Use the "unusual issue effects" thread for stuff that only turns out to be wrong after you answer the issue (or at least obtain reliable data on what happened after someone else answered the issue).

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:43 am

Trotterdam wrote:More straightforwardly: use the "help us fix old issues" thread for stuff that's visibly wrong before you answer the issue. Use the "unusual issue effects" thread for stuff that only turns out to be wrong after you answer the issue (or at least obtain reliable data on what happened after someone else answered the issue).
Daynor King wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:The very first line in the first thread linked is

From the other thread:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Please use this thread only for reporting visible objective errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation and for suspected problems with validities, macros and the like.

Thanks for backing me up.

More importantly, make sure to report it to the thread I linked if you wish to see this problem addressed and hopefully fixed. :)
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Fixed it.

My little paranoid
Lobbyist

Founded: May 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby My little paranoid » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:08 am

Trotterdam wrote:More straightforwardly: use the "help us fix old issues" thread for stuff that's visibly wrong before you answer the issue. Use the "unusual issue effects" thread for stuff that only turns out to be wrong after you answer the issue (or at least obtain reliable data on what happened after someone else answered the issue).

What if it's both?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:15 am

My little paranoid wrote:What if it's both?
You know, the editors do read both threads. If it's really that hard to tell where something belongs you can just post it in your best guess. Worst thing that can happen is that people will get mildly annoyed at you and point you in the right direction.

Also, this is drifting from the original topic of the thread. It actually took me a few moments to realize that Luna Amore's "fixed it" was referring to the actual issue validity problem from the original post, rather than the which-is-the-correct-thread confusion that we hijacked the thread over.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical