NATION

PASSWORD

Double Post Issues

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zazumo
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Double Post Issues

Postby Zazumo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:57 pm

I've been having this issue when posting on the RMB that it's double posting. Does anyone else experience this or know what may be the cause? It usually occurs on mobile but it just happened now and I'm on PC. Could it be an issue with lag?

Thanks.
~Zaz~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Zazumo wrote:I've been having this issue when posting on the RMB that it's double posting. Does anyone else experience this or know what may be the cause? It usually occurs on mobile but it just happened now and I'm on PC. Could it be an issue with lag?

Thanks.

I have had this same issue several times before. Again it is usually on mobile. However, it is so infrequent that it is difficult for me to replicate the conditions that lead to it occurring. I have had the issue even when using a mobile connected to fiber optic WiFi, so I doubt that it is a lag issue. However it hasn't happened in the last several months.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cataclistal
Civilian

Founded: May 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cataclistal » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Zazumo wrote:I've been having this issue when posting on the RMB that it's double posting. Does anyone else experience this or know what may be the cause? It usually occurs on mobile but it just happened now and I'm on PC. Could it be an issue with lag?

Thanks.

If you refresh the page while the site still says "Your post has been submitted to *Insert RMB here*, it will resend the message a second time to that RMB. This is about the only time I can accurately say that I've experienced a double post before.
Maybe this could be your conflicting issue?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

It could be as simple as double-touching your screen as you submit. It could also be something to do with how your ISP handles the data - if you're on cellular, maybe two different towers pick up the Submit request and post separately, or both the cell and the wifi request go through at the same time. As far as I'm aware, we have no way to evaluate that.

It's not a site-wide problem, as that would happen on non-mobile devices as well. It's almost certainly local to you.

Return to Technical