NATION

PASSWORD

Amend Security Council to have power over founders

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Gondelbur
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Amend Security Council to have power over founders

Postby Gondelbur » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:47 am

Why not? The real UN has a lot more power than the NationStates WA. I guess abuse of the system is something you'd have to watch out for, but the WA would still be a democracy, so the common good would prevail, right? :p Well, in real life democracy is abused all the time, if you're clever enough to do it.
I just think the WA should have a bit more power. For most players it's just like one big/unimportant issue. It'd certainly spice up NationStates!

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 am

Hell yeah :twisted:
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 am

Kurnugia wrote:Hell yeah :twisted:

I have no idea what you’d use it for.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 am

how about no
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Gondelbur
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gondelbur » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:23 am

Don't you think it would be interesting? We'd actually see some dirtier politics in NationStates. Also, regions with active founders wouldn't be so invincible. It's a bit boring as it is. Like you can't touch regions that have active founders. Just because Trump and Putin are active doesn't mean Trump can't seriously f**k Putin up - if he wanted! (Okay that was a bad analogy and lets hope that never actually happens lol)

Forestavia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Forestavia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Security Council cannot be trusted with the power it already has! We've all seen the blatant abuse and weaponization of the liberation these past few months. Don't do it people. Keep your regional sovereignty intact. It's what's best for the world.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 am

:) :( ;) >:( :blink: :blush: :p 8)
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Gondelbur
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gondelbur » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 am

Forestavia wrote:ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Security Council cannot be trusted with the power it already has! We've all seen the blatant abuse and weaponization of the liberation these past few months. Don't do it people. Keep your regional sovereignty intact. It's what's best for the world.

But that's the point! Give it even more! Unfortunately, for a lot of players, who gets liberated by who isn't really important. Let's see some actual power plays coming from the SC, starting with the ability to affect the seemingly untouchable founders!! It'd make NationStates so much more interesting.

Please Mr Barry, hear our please!!

Carolus Rex Francae
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Carolus Rex Francae » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:43 am

Gondelbur wrote:
Forestavia wrote:ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Security Council cannot be trusted with the power it already has! We've all seen the blatant abuse and weaponization of the liberation these past few months. Don't do it people. Keep your regional sovereignty intact. It's what's best for the world.

But that's the point! Give it even more! Unfortunately, for a lot of players, who gets liberated by who isn't really important. Let's see some actual power plays coming from the SC, starting with the ability to affect the seemingly untouchable founders!! It'd make NationStates so much more interesting.

Please Mr Barry, hear our please!!

Admins have already dismissed this idea. No luck for any of you, as much as I'd love to be able to raid foundered regions via the SC.
Before anyone asks, no, I do not speak Latin. However, I understand my nation's last word is incorrect. I do not need to be corrected. Thank you.
--Carolus Rex Francorum

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:45 am

Let anarchy reign supreme! Just as interregional/international relations are irl <3

Author of issue 1201

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:56 am

Gondelbur wrote:Don't you think it would be interesting? We'd actually see some dirtier politics in NationStates. Also, regions with active founders wouldn't be so invincible. It's a bit boring as it is. Like you can't touch regions that have active founders. Just because Trump and Putin are active doesn't mean Trump can't seriously f**k Putin up - if he wanted! (Okay that was a bad analogy and lets hope that never actually happens lol)

I would not appreciate people invading my RP region by targeting my founder.
This means that all regions; including purely RP regions and class regions; are open to raiding.
Do you really want that? You wouldn't enjoy the IRS coming in to tell you to accept a biker gang into your club, so why give the same power to the SC?
Last edited by Prussian Polish Commonwealth on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 am

Moved to technical.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:40 am

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:
Gondelbur wrote:Don't you think it would be interesting? We'd actually see some dirtier politics in NationStates. Also, regions with active founders wouldn't be so invincible. It's a bit boring as it is. Like you can't touch regions that have active founders. Just because Trump and Putin are active doesn't mean Trump can't seriously f**k Putin up - if he wanted! (Okay that was a bad analogy and lets hope that never actually happens lol)

This means that all regions; including purely RP regions and class regions; are open to raiding.
Do you really want that?

Yeah I want this. This will make regions engage in actual interregional diplomacy. You know as a part of a nation simulation game?

Author of issue 1201

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 am

What kind of power do you want the Security Council to have over Founders? The ability to revoke Executive from them and slap it firmly on the WA Delegate? The ability to force the Founder to spend Influence to set a password? You must be more specific.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

Bad idea. It's important for people that do not want to be part of R/D to have the tools to opt out.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 am

USS Monitor wrote:Bad idea. It's important for people that do not want to be part of R/D to have the tools to opt out.

And I fully agree, not just from a GCR political standpoint but from a practical one too.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

USS Monitor wrote:Bad idea. It's important for people that do not want to be part of R/D to have the tools to opt out.

I would argue that the NS forums are a good way to do this.

But the opting out is an interesting point: It is kinda strange that the UCR gper can have the same protection as an isolated/pure RP UCR.
Last edited by Kurnugia on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author of issue 1201

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am

Kurnugia wrote:I would argue that the NS forums are a good way to do this.

I would argue that passwords, influence, and Regional Officers are a good way to do this. Not everyone likes the forums. I'd bet that less than 5% of our nations (and probably less than 50% of our player base) have ever visited the forums. Some people just like to answer issues or chat on RMBs and telegrams. They also deserve to be protected.

Kurnugia wrote:It is kinda strange that the UCR gper can have the same protection as an isolated/pure RP UCR.

There's nothing strange about it. Everyone gets equal protection. The code and the rules have no way of telepathically determining the player's intent for any given nation or region.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical