NATION

PASSWORD

What is “antiquity”?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Crazybloxian Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 609
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Libertarian Police State

What is “antiquity”?

Postby Crazybloxian Empire » Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 pm

When you go to the Boneyard, you look for an ex-nation, and the founding date says “Antiquity” what does “Antiquity” mean? This has confused me on NationStates for a while.

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 12913
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 pm

That nation was founded before the game kept track of founding. A rough estimate is anytime before November 26, 2003 as that's the oldest non-mod forum account with a date.

It's only an estimate because not all nations have forum accounts.

User avatar
Socio Polor
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1219
Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Socio Polor » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 am

Antiquity nations are the elders of this site, been around since before time itself was created. Been here soon after the big bang that created this strange universe of nations and regions light years apart from one another :p
"Man is nature. What we create is an extension of nature. God is nothing more than a symptom of an irrational fear of the unknown."
-Alvecia

User avatar
Errinundera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 518
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Errinundera » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:39 am

We don't die. We just linger.

I wonder how many of us are still about.
Last edited by Errinundera on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The world is not cyclical, not eternal or immutable, but endlessly transforms itself, and never goes back, and we can assist in that transformation.

Live on, survive, for the earth gives forth wonders. It may swallow your heart, but the wonders keep on coming. You stand before them bareheaded, shriven. What is expected of you is attention.


(Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet)

User avatar
Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1341
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 am

In Western historiography, it's the period of European civilisation predating the Middle Ages.

Trying to draw precise temporal boundaries is difficult, and will always cause significant debate, but it can be roughly dated from the 8th century BC rise of written history and the polis as defining characteristics of Classical Greece through to the reign of Heraclius as Eastern Roman emperor (610-641 AD).



That's what you wanted to know, right?
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

User avatar
He Qixin
Diplomat
 
Posts: 606
Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:In Western historiography, it's the period of European civilisation predating the Middle Ages.

Trying to draw precise temporal boundaries is difficult, and will always cause significant debate, but it can be roughly dated from the 8th century BC rise of written history and the polis as defining characteristics of Classical Greece through to the reign of Heraclius as Eastern Roman emperor (610-641 AD).



That's what you wanted to know, right?

please read the OP thoroughly before answering.
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

User avatar
Lamoni
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 8479
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Errinundera wrote:We don't die. We just linger.

I wonder how many of us are still about.


I am one of those! 8)
Last edited by Lamoni on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."


Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.


Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

User avatar
He Qixin
Diplomat
 
Posts: 606
Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Lamoni wrote:
Errinundera wrote:We don't die. We just linger.

I wonder how many of us are still about.


I am one on those! 8)

:lol:
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7395
Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:19 am

He Qixin wrote:
Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:In Western historiography, it's the period of European civilisation predating the Middle Ages.

Trying to draw precise temporal boundaries is difficult, and will always cause significant debate, but it can be roughly dated from the 8th century BC rise of written history and the polis as defining characteristics of Classical Greece through to the reign of Heraclius as Eastern Roman emperor (610-641 AD).



That's what you wanted to know, right?

please read the OP thoroughly before answering.

Given that's the RP account of a game mod, I'm pretty sure they weren't serious. :p
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
He Qixin
Diplomat
 
Posts: 606
Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:26 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
He Qixin wrote:please read the OP thoroughly before answering.

Given that's the RP account of a game mod, I'm pretty sure they weren't serious. :p

uh ok :p
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

User avatar
NCC 1701
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Sep 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NCC 1701 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Errinundera wrote:We don't die. We just linger.

I wonder how many of us are still about.


This nation isn't, but the player is.

User avatar
Riemstagrad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 939
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:05 pm

There are antiquity nations,
and there are puppet nations...

User avatar
Piethrixia
Envoy
 
Posts: 342
Founded: Aug 08, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Piethrixia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Antiquity means it was created before nationstates started keeping track of that type of stuff.

Anyways. Have a good day!
A 5.3 civilization, according to this index.

User avatar
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22543
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:25 am

The people who were lucky enough to not be 8 y/o in 2003, and thus have the benefit of qualifying for the Rock of Ages banner, because apparently, that's the only way that this game rewards more than half a decade of loyalty (take this comment as a joke)


Although, I did find someone who allegedly has that banner, despite not being antiquity...
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please sign my petition: https://www.change.org/p/the-australian ... anny-state
Unless you actively oppose the cause, please sign it, it only takes a couple of seconds
From Greek Ancestry Orthodox Christian
18 Published Issues and 1 WA Resolution
In-Character posts made by this fictious account do not reflect the actions of any real world government

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9554
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:40 am

Australian rePublic wrote:The people who were lucky enough to not be 8 y/o in 2003, and thus have the benefit of qualifying for the Rock of Ages banner, because apparently, that's the only way that this game rewards more than half a decade of loyalty (take this comment as a joke)
It doesn't take loyalty. I played the game way back (I actually saved a local copy of #77, the one-year anniversary issue, when it was fresh), lost interest for a while, and then came back later to find my old nation was now a historical artifact.

User avatar
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22543
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:The people who were lucky enough to not be 8 y/o in 2003, and thus have the benefit of qualifying for the Rock of Ages banner, because apparently, that's the only way that this game rewards more than half a decade of loyalty (take this comment as a joke)
It doesn't take loyalty. I played the game way back (I actually saved a local copy of #77, the one-year anniversary issue, when it was fresh), lost interest for a while, and then came back later to find my old nation was now a historical artifact.

I was joking...
Please sign my petition: https://www.change.org/p/the-australian ... anny-state
Unless you actively oppose the cause, please sign it, it only takes a couple of seconds
From Greek Ancestry Orthodox Christian
18 Published Issues and 1 WA Resolution
In-Character posts made by this fictious account do not reflect the actions of any real world government

User avatar
Garden at 6th Mile Road
Diplomat
 
Posts: 595
Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Garden at 6th Mile Road » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:11 am

It's the thing that makes me sad for not creating a nation as soon as NationStates was announced. Then again, I would be a mere 6 y/o in 2001, so... yeah, I wouldn't even know "The Internet" at that time.

With that said, believe it or not, there are quite a lot of Antique nations AFAIK. Residency and Population stats would pull up a lot of such nations.
Last edited by Garden at 6th Mile Road on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captcha stomped on by Valentijn, then lasered by Clarissa, snapped out of existence by Gwen, only to be brought back by Jolyn to shoot it 16 times.

Factbooks | No NS Stats for this nation! | Theme Song 1 | Theme Song 2

Ruled by *takes a deep breath*
Holly Aceline De Stralend en Wonderbaarlijk Licht Koningin Van Haar Mooie Universum Aurora Symantha Vreugde Astrid Lavender Lexis Lilac Harmony Tsi. Marlie Nova Radiant Lapia Starlight.
• Self-proclaimed King of Forum 7, a.k.a. Forum 7 dweller that your mom warns you about. (An inspiration from Folknoren).
• Favorite catchphrase: Nani the f**k, so many ninjas.
• A dimensional rift created from nuclear bombs..... or is it?
• Violently violated the Laws of Thermodynamics with shoddy writing.

Current Energy Level: SSCG(3)Σk = 1 [ k * ((SSCG(3) ↑TREE(3) g64)!) ] Joules.

User avatar
Crazybloxian Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 609
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Crazybloxian Empire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:19 am

OOC: I’m definitely lucky this thread still remains on the first page of the Technical Forum.

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 28455
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am

Crazybloxian Empire wrote:OOC: I’m definitely lucky this thread still remains on the first page of the Technical Forum.

1) Technical is an OOC forum, you don't need to specify that you're speaking OOC.
2) At this point the question has been answered and this post doesn't add anything to the topic, so sticking a fork in it.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads