NATION

PASSWORD

Increasing the number of Regional Officers a region appoints

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:A second idea could be to remove the RO limit completely

You know and trust all 6,782 nations in your region to always do the right thing when given extra powers? I know I don't. We manage to moderate the entire site with less than 20 moderators. Why would any one region require a larger staff than the site?

Erithaca wrote:Why do we have a limit on regional officers in the first place?

The abilities to eject, suppress, create polls, communicate, request embassies, and so on should only be given to players who have proven to be trustworthy and reliable. They're effectively region moderators. I've certainly seen (and had to deal with) signs of RO abuse. Giving those abilities to anyone who just shows up can wreck your region.

Maybe give founders and delegates the benefit of the doubt that the people they have appointed are indeed the people they trust?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Maybe give founders and delegates the benefit of the doubt that the people they have appointed are indeed the people they trust?

I'm not randomly cynical about ROs. I see complaining reports weekly about some RO in some region who's gone wild and suppressed everything, closed embassies, ejected nations, etc. "Abuse of trust" is not against site rules, but it frustrates players almost as much as legal raiding.

Aclion wrote:Literally any nation can have access to all those powers just by founding a region.

They can't get them in a GCR or most large regions, though. Nobody cares what you do in a little 2 nation region. Everybody complains in the big ones.

I honestly don't care if Admin grants this or ignores it. I just have a better view of how common abuse of RO powers than most players, and thought you needed to know.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Man I thought you were talking about the potential for actual abuses, not whining.
Last edited by Aclion on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:15 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Maybe give founders and delegates the benefit of the doubt that the people they have appointed are indeed the people they trust?

I'm not randomly cynical about ROs. I see complaining reports weekly about some RO in some region who's gone wild and suppressed everything, closed embassies, ejected nations, etc. "Abuse of trust" is not against site rules, but it frustrates players almost as much as legal raiding.

Aclion wrote:Literally any nation can have access to all those powers just by founding a region.

They can't get them in a GCR or most large regions, though. Nobody cares what you do in a little 2 nation region. Everybody complains in the big ones.

I honestly don't care if Admin grants this or ignores it. I just have a better view of how common abuse of RO powers than most players, and thought you needed to know.

You do get abuse of RO powers, I don't doubt. However, I take the view that ROs are, from a purely game mechanical standpoint, extentions of the people who appoint them: if Latrovia appoints me as RO and I decide to destroy Enadia (not very likely), then the person to take that up with is Latrovia: if Latrovia doesn't like it he can get rid of me as an RO, and if he does like it then it's just a case of 'hey, you've got a shitty founder, sucks but sorry.'
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Previous

Return to Technical