NATION

PASSWORD

PNGs for Flags?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Paxiosolange
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

PNGs for Flags?

Postby Paxiosolange » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm

I used a PNG as a flag and expected the PNG to allow the background through the segment that is transparent.

This is not the case if you look at my nation.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=paxiosolange (My nation)
https://i.imgur.com/Ax0jGtP.png (The flag itself)
Gospel Power wrote:Ohhh, having lovers without marriage is abomination in my opinion, but all your other laws are true, Gospel power approves

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Look at the resize rules. The transparency is maintained only if the flag does not have to be resized. (On the page you upload your flag click the sort that says “technical details”)
Last edited by Leutria on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paxiosolange
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Paxiosolange » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Leutria wrote:Look at the resize rules. The transparency is maintained only if the flag does not have to be resized.

So I have to scale the flag down a bit before I submit it?
Gospel Power wrote:Ohhh, having lovers without marriage is abomination in my opinion, but all your other laws are true, Gospel power approves

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Exactly. Just get it within the proper size and you should have the transparency intact.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Do note that even if it's properly transparent, the border that's automatically drawn around flags will still be rectangular, rather than following the intended shape's countour.

Return to Technical