NATION

PASSWORD

Anyway to fix this?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Apreau
Civilian

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Anyway to fix this?

Postby Apreau » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 pm

So, I just joined, and while making my nation, I supposedly marked it as Libertarian, but it says we're a liberal nation, so is this normal? Or did I accidentally click on Liberal instead of Libertarian? If so, can I fix this mistake? Thank you in advance.

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:27 pm

You must’ve clicked liberal, but do not worry. Any nation can change. Just answer the issues that you’re presented with in a libertarian-like manner, and you’ll see yourself change pretty quickly. :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I just checked your nation, and you’re right where you suppose to be. You’re an anarchy, meaning that you have max freedoms in every category, which is libertarian-like. The game just describes you as that because they’re closely related. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Sacara on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Apreau wrote:So, I just joined, and while making my nation, I supposedly marked it as Libertarian, but it says we're a liberal nation, so is this normal?
It says that where?

The game doesn't normally classify nations as "liberal" or "conservative", is has a more involved model than that. There are certain similarities between libertarianism and liberalism (that's why their names are similar), so maybe wherever you're looking at is based more on those similarities than the differences.

I think you're talking about this:
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Spirituality, although Defense is also considered important, while International Aid and Industry receive no funds.
I think "liberal" here is referring mainly to to civil rights, which I think is what you want. The "pro-business" part establishes that you're also libertarian with regards to the main area where liberals and libertarians differ.

The main category of your nation, seen at the top, is "Anarchy", which is appropiate for small-government libertarians.

Return to Technical