NATION

PASSWORD

Suggestion: New Nation Rank Category: Most Nations Ejected

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Suggestion: New Nation Rank Category: Most Nations Ejected

Postby Pergamon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 am

Hello my fellow players, notorious purgers and moderation alike,

I feel that there is something missingin the National Rank Categories, which is specifically badges for nations which have ejected most nations world wide. There should be a ranking and badge.

I do not want to encourage other nations to purge but at least there should be a way to count it.

I mean, I look down my nation feed everyday and I feel it's the most precious thing in the Universe, I would like to have some sort of permanent count of this.

Thank you for your consideration.
~
Purgemaster General.
Last edited by [violet] on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 am

I am always for more valuable data that involves regional gameplay.
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

Pergamon wrote:I do not want to encourage other nations to purge but at least there should be a way to count it.

The problem is that there will be some that would see it as a badge of honor, that could be a positive or negative thing, depending on your perspective.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Pergamon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Pergamon wrote:I do not want to encourage other nations to purge but at least there should be a way to count it.

The problem is that there will be some that would see it as a badge of honor, that could be a positive or negative thing, depending on your perspective.

So? People endotart for a badge of honor.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 am

Pergamon wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The problem is that there will be some that would see it as a badge of honor, that could be a positive or negative thing, depending on your perspective.

True, but endotarting isn't really the same as booting countless people out of a region to earn a badge, is it? I mean, let's be honest here...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Pergamon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 am

Pergamon wrote:

True, but endotarting isn't really the same as booting countless people out of a region to earn a badge, is it? I mean, let's be honest here...

They already reward nations for bad behavior, it's called: a condemnation.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am

Pergamon wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:True, but endotarting isn't really the same as booting countless people out of a region to earn a badge, is it? I mean, let's be honest here...

And you want to add a new way of doing that? Rewarding bad behavior?

Wave on, wave on

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 am

Pergamon wrote:

And you want to add a new way of doing that? Rewarding bad behavior?

Bad is relative when purging people. It's either good when you're cleaning a region or its bad when you're purging denizens of your target.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:And you want to add a new way of doing that? Rewarding bad behavior?

Bad is relative when purging people. It's either good when you're cleaning a region or its bad when you're purging denizens of your target.

Indeed, but what we are discussing here is the risk that this could encourage ejecting for its own sake.

Wave on, wave on

Pergamon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:Bad is relative when purging people. It's either good when you're cleaning a region or its bad when you're purging denizens of your target.

Indeed, but what we are discussing here is the risk that this could encourage ejecting for its own sake.

Could also encourage people to hold warzones (e.g. ejection count). There are good and bad sides about it, I feel like it's a proper suggestion for gameplay and provides a new method of rewarding players for taking action in the game.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 am

Personally I think it's an amusing idea, if a bit biased towards yourself Perg

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:57 am

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. In a similar way that the most world assembly endorsements is something of a badge of how much of an internet love machine your region is, this can be a rating of how much of an internet secret police you are. Think of it as the official cheka leaderboards.
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 am

It is also open to abuse. I mean, think about it, what is to stop someone with regional control from pairing up with a friend, and endlessly ejecting and readmitting their friend's nations to inflate their Most Nations Ejected total? That exploit would be in widespread use in less than a day.

Wave on, wave on

Pergamon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 am

The New California Republic wrote:It is also open to abuse. I mean, think about it, what is to stop someone with regional control from pairing up with a friend, and endlessly ejecting and readmitting their friend's nations to inflate their Most Nations Ejected total? That exploit would be in widespread use in less than a day.

Puppet flooding? There are rules against puppet flooding.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am

Pergamon wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It is also open to abuse. I mean, think about it, what is to stop someone with regional control from pairing up with a friend, and endlessly ejecting and readmitting their friend's nations to inflate their Most Nations Ejected total? That exploit would be in widespread use in less than a day.

Puppet flooding? There are rules against puppet flooding.

It probably wouldn't really be puppet flooding as such, as it wouldn't really fall within its definition:

Violet wrote:Puppet Flooding: Any player or group of players creating large numbers of puppets for the purpose of spamming, harassing, or annoying a region, be they invaders, defenders, or natives.

Whether such behavior would be classed as "spamming, harassing, or annoying a region" would probably be decided on a case-by-case basis. I'm sure a mod or admin will be along soon to contribute to the thread, and maybe clarify whether such behavior would be puppet flooding.

Wave on, wave on

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 am

I think there's the implication that if you unban a nation it would take away from your score.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:

I think there's the implication that if you unban a nation it would take away from your score.

You can only have so many nations banned at a time though so you'd just see a massive tie at the top.
And you don't need a friend, you can just do it with puppets.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:

The OP just says ejected though
How about most unique nations ejected?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Jar Wattinree wrote:I think there's the implication that if you unban a nation it would take away from your score.

The OP just says ejected though
How about most unique nations ejected?

That might be hellish to code, or it could be really simple. But such is the case with all code I suppose.

Wave on, wave on

Vespertania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vespertania » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Just something off-the-top of my brain; my two cents toward the discussion.

So...

Question: Could puppets be counted in the ranking?

Because what's to keep me from just ejecting any puppets I make from my own region? I could just make a limitless number of them in order to give myself the badge.

If the answer is a no, this proposed WA census/nation ranking will need to know what nations belong to any given player to prevent inflation of the stat number.
Last edited by Vespertania on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Deltanium wrote:how shitty is the AN?
Shitty enough to give you a Warning for trolling and lock this topic.

Fauxia
Senator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 pm

All hail Purge-amon! Add the category!

"Rejected Realms Contribution Index"
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Vespertania wrote:If the answer is a no, this proposed WA census/nation ranking will need to know what nations belong to any given player to prevent inflation of the stat number.

That's pretty much a deal breaker then.

Galiantus III
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus III » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Vespertania wrote:If the answer is a no, this proposed WA census/nation ranking will need to know what nations belong to any given player to prevent inflation of the stat number.

That's pretty much a deal breaker then.

A different way to measure this might be to have a stat for how much influence has been spent on ejecting/banning nations from the region. Then it would be senseless to use puppet-flooding as a method to abuse the stat.
Last edited by Galiantus III on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The goal of Socialism is Fascism.
#JKRowling #realfeminism #libertarian #conservative #christian #nomandates

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

Vespertania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vespertania » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Galiantus III wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:That's pretty much a deal breaker then.

A different way to measure this might be to have a stat for how much influence has been spent on ejecting/banning nations from the region. Then it would be senseless to use puppet-flooding as a method to abuse the stat.

Once again Galiantus, you impress me.

I agree fully with this thought.
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Deltanium wrote:how shitty is the AN?
Shitty enough to give you a Warning for trolling and lock this topic.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Hmm. What about most times ejected? That would be hilarious :P On another note, full support, always looking for more statistics to look at :)
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads