NATION

PASSWORD

Options to backup the RMB.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 pm

Parakka wrote:-stuff-

While you wait for an answer, check out this thread, about a piece of tech that will record your RMB:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=475837

I'll take the opportunity to plug other tech solutions too (there's some great stuff out there)
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispa ... 34239#tech
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

World Awesome
Civilian

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby World Awesome » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:51 am

When I refounded my region, I saved all the RMB posts in a PDF file and then added a link to it on the new RMB.

LInUxvIllE
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby LInUxvIllE » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:31 am

[violet] wrote:There's nothing much now, but I'm developing a system that will preserve RMBs after region death. I've taken a snapshot of Westphalia today, so if it does disappear, I can restore it to public view once the new system is running.

How's the progress on this? I would really like to download a copy of our region's RMB (and, if possible, keep it up to date and display it on my web server is a more accessible fashion) as an XML file or something so that I can query for messages from a specific nation or for keywords without wasting hours scrolling through all the pages of the RMB.
She/they
Amateur astronomer, (astro)photographer, furry, and programmer
Discord: kadix#0787 - IRC(prefurred): foxbox on irc.libera.chat
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway

Previous

Return to Technical